Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2011, 06:22 PM

2,270 posts, read 7,348,258 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Looking for a special hotel downtown for an upcoming trip. Is there anyplace that isn't the usual chain hotel? Maybe something historic, etc.?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 06:34 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,627,220 times
I recommend Pettigru Place

Fantastic B&B near downtown Greenville

Old 10-22-2011, 06:41 PM

344 posts, read 818,892 times
Definitely the Westin Poinsett- it's historic, but has been completely re-done. Very, very nice and right on Main Street.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:07 PM

5,598 posts, read 15,433,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMom77 View Post
Definitely the Westin Poinsett- it's historic, but has been completely re-done. Very, very nice and right on Main Street.
Redone = restored to its 1920s grandeur, thus truly historic.

The Hampton Inn & Suites at RiverPlace is definitely unique as well.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:07 AM

62 posts, read 148,977 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Redone = restored to its 1920s grandeur, thus truly historic.
I'll have to third the Westin Poinsett. Very historic, very nice location, high quality place...I'll also suggest you cross the street and have a nice dinner at Soby's; they have some great southern food.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:49 PM

Thanks everyone! We decided to go with the Hampton downtown. The Westin looks nice but read a lot of reviews that the rooms are looking "tired".

And drfranklin, thanks for the B&B suggestion but we just aren't B&B people.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:47 PM

344 posts, read 818,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTraveler View Post
Thanks everyone! We decided to go with the Hampton downtown. The Westin looks nice but read a lot of reviews that the rooms are looking "tired".

And drfranklin, thanks for the B&B suggestion but we just aren't B&B people.
You'll love the Hampton Riverplace, too. My husband and I stayed there for a one night local getaway, and we loved it. We had a top floor corner suite overlooking the river- it was a beautiful view, and the hotel is very nice. And you're close to a lot of really nice restaurants- the Lazy Goat, Larkins on the River, Rick Erwin's, and many more. Enjoy your stay!

Old 10-24-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
You'll love the Hampton Riverplace, too. My husband and I stayed there for a one night local getaway, and we loved it. We had a top floor corner suite overlooking the river- it was a beautiful view, and the hotel is very nice. And you're close to a lot of really nice restaurants- the Lazy Goat, Larkins on the River, Rick Erwin's, and many more. Enjoy your stay!
Thank you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area