U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 09:37 AM

4 posts, read 7,475 times

Advertisements

Curious on how many houses a real estate agent sells in Greenville SC?
Looking for a good real estate saleman. I want to know how you can look up something to see how many homes an agent sells? By the month and by the year.

Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 09:43 AM

915 posts, read 2,269,106 times
Actually, there is no public database with that information. In fact, there's not really a private one either. Some larger teams file their listings under the primary agent, and some don't even include a co-listing agent in the MLS. The only way to find out is to ask the agent themselves.

An agent's ability to sell a home, or help a buyer buy a home, has far more to do with how many homes they sell in a certain period of time. That especially holds true on the buying side of things, where focused attention on the buyer (and their criteria) is the most important thing.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:55 AM

4 posts, read 7,475 times
Default How do you find # and $ of houses a real estate agent sells in Greenville SC area with out asking them?

I read this question below and then their answer. Thanks for your reply

Is there a database or reference point of some authority, that would be able to show if a real estate agent has actually sold the number of homes he/she state they have sold?

It seems like one of those things that any agent can easily lie about.

Thanks.

I can only speak about ...Houston. We ... have access to agent searches...part of which shows agent sales history. I think it's tracked and maintained through the MLS system. I'm not sure if the public side has this as an option... as we have to pay the "big bucks" for our service.. we're probably getting a few more bells & whistles...Sunny

//www.city-data.com/forum/real-estate/427727-how-know-if-real-estate-agent.html

Old 09-29-2011, 09:17 PM

807 posts, read 1,650,099 times
As far as SC, Cameron is correct. You could always ask the agent to bring their mls statistics with them on the listing appointment. I do not know of any database except for our own mls system where we can get that information.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:10 AM

2,259 posts, read 5,448,821 times
while I don't know anything about # of homes sold by realtors, I will highly recommend Pat Grissinger, see post above, or Sheri Sanders who also frequents the forums here. They are both with Prudential C Dan Joyner and are honest and more than competant + they are great to work with!

Old 09-30-2011, 07:22 PM

Thanks Noodles, I know Sheri did a great job for you and we both appreciate the kind comments.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:45 AM

9 posts, read 12,511 times
I do not believe that a Realtor's ability should be measured only by number of homes sold. There are many who for a multitude of reasons do not have a high number volume, but have proven track record of working hard at marketing, and negotiating. Consider what those strategies and success rates are. Also, ask for references, and call those references. You can Google search them on the web, there is a lot of information out there to get a complete picture of the Realtors here in Greenville.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:47 PM

Try interviewing several realtors. Are you looking to buy or sell? Ask what their primary area is. I agree with the above post. You need to find someone who you trust and your personalities fit. The biggest is not always the best. In order for us to prove what we have sold, we have to go to the multiple listing and pull up whether we were the listing agent or the buyers agent to see our sales. It just depends on what you want in your specific Realtor.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:27 PM

282 posts, read 705,655 times
Thank you so much NoodlesKnowles for the compliment. Pat is completely right by the way. She is also an awesome Realtor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area