U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 09:40 AM

4 posts, read 7,463 times

Advertisements

Curious on how many houses a real estate agent sells in Greenville SC?
Looking for a good real estate salesman. I want to know how you can look up something to see how many homes an agent sells? By the month and by the year.

Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 10:01 AM

915 posts, read 2,266,712 times
Honestly, the only way to verify the number of homes an agent told you that they sold, is to ask another agent to look it up for you.

I don't know how ethical that would be, but you should be able to get a very good idea of the agent's competance from the initial phone call. Ask some loaded questions about the buying process or about your preferred parts of town, and see how they react.

To be perfectly honest, if they've done this enough, they should know the answer to your question right off the bat.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:17 AM

915 posts, read 2,266,712 times
Sorry for the double post. I wanted to share this before, but I was running out the door for a meeting and couldn't pull it in time. So far in 2011...

4,835 single-family homes, condos, and townhomes have sold according to the Greater Greenville MLS

4,324 (89.4%) of those sales have been recorded showing a buyer agent

1,118 different agents are shown in the buyer agent column on that list (3.86 sales per agent)

Remember that sometimes a listing agent will "forget" to enter the other agent's name, and put their own (these are usually corrected when/if the buyer agent notices). Also remember that sometimes all sales are filed under the "head" of a team. Therefore, the number of homes sold per agent could be reporting higher.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:18 PM

807 posts, read 1,647,915 times
Well, I guess my previous post did not show up. I agree with Cameron, the statistics are not always accurate. The things he said do make a difference. Also, some agents just specialize in specific areas. May I ask why you would want the agent that sold the most homes? Sometimes bigger is not always better. Every situation is different, just as every market is different.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:39 PM

31,813 posts, read 72,855,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Grissinger View Post
Also, some agents just specialize in specific areas.
^^^^ We have a winner folks!

Buying or selling, the common denominator in 98% of instances is the school district.
Start with the ZIP then drill down to the elementary, middle and high school capture areas...
you'll start to notice the same names repeating.

Call a few. Find the one you can get along with best.

hth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area