U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2007, 03:15 PM

40 posts, read 213,977 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are considering a move to Greenville. From everything I have seen it looks wonderful. My husband and I currently live in Maine with one child.

Can anyone give me any information on nice family oriented neighborhoods where they do not have HOA's? We keep our home nice, but don't want to have to follow anyone else's rules. My husband will NOT live somewhere where there is an HOA.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 10:20 PM

12 posts, read 80,850 times
Smile Neighborhoods without HOA's

Can't help you with a specific neighborhood name because I don't know Greenville that well. However, I was just down there two weeks ago checking the place out as a potential place to relocate (retire) next year. Had a realtor drive me all around Greenville, Mauldin, and Simpsonville. Also did some striking out on my own with a road map. I have the same concerns as you about living under the constraints of a HOA. Most of the new or newish homes in Greenville area are in subdivisions. Houses are nice and tidy looking, but all look the same and have HOA's. I did see some nice areas that appealed more to my tastes in the Taylors area of Greenville. This section seems to be the older part of town. Many neighborhoods with each house "not looking the same" with mature landscaping and big trees. Another alternative is looking out of the city limits....saw lots of houses with large lots (half to several acres), but would be farther to shop, hospitals, etc. When I go back, I'm going to check out the older neighborhoods just north and east of the city. Good luck.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:37 PM

50 posts, read 217,598 times
you will almost certainly have to live outside of a subdivision. We've been here 27 years and everything developed over that time is run by an HOA. The county does not do much with parks so the neighborhoods do common grounds, pools etc. but they have to levy fees to cover the operating costs. We pay $300+ per year and its mostly money down a rat hole.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:59 PM

9 posts, read 78,139 times
CRESTLAND subdivision outside of Greenville in Anderson has NO HOA dues. I just sold a home to a client there and they love it!

Old 03-04-2017, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,435 times
Default Looking for homes in Greenville NO HOA,

Looking for the same thing.
Taylors and Anderson are ur best bet!

Old 03-04-2017, 04:19 PM

2,338 posts, read 2,479,686 times
Just sold a home in Greer with no HOA; there are definitely neighborhoods around that don't have one; this home was not that old , either; built in the 90's.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:12 PM

12,504 posts, read 29,990,060 times
There are plenty of neighborhoods without HOA's here. I live in a neighborhood without HOA's in Taylors. The houses are kept up here as well. You will just have to come down and look around to find an area you like. Good luck!

Old 03-06-2017, 08:43 AM

2,781 posts, read 2,892,637 times
FYI - someone resurrected a thread that is almost 10 years old....

Old 03-06-2017, 09:32 AM

2,408 posts, read 1,344,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
FYI - someone resurrected a thread that is almost 10 years old....
And the OP has posted about moving to NC, Florida and NJ over the last few years. Wonder where she did finally move to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>