Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2017, 05:29 AM

21,025 posts, read 27,270,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Don't really feel this is worth a new topic.. Just curious if anyone has heard anything about the former Phoenix Inn property and whether there are any plans or what?

I know they originally said they were closing to deal with the structural issues, but that turned into them auctioning everything off.. I imagine the property is on the market?

Just seems like some chain would build a new hotel there.. Or, there are probably other things that could go there with the proximity to the convention center and downtown airport.
"Phoenix Inn, 246 North Pleasantburg Drive, Greenville, South Carolina."

Phoenix Inn has been closed since November. I am not aware of its future plans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 05:09 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,050,726 times
JP's 4 Corners on Woodruff Rd ( Formerly Arizona Steakhouse ) will close September 30th.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:49 PM

69 posts, read 73,780 times
Babaziki's is set to close Monday, 9/27. Enjoy it while you can. They will be missed.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:08 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,804,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddiewhack View Post
Babaziki's is set to close Monday, 9/27. Enjoy it while you can. They will be missed.
No surprise. They have been disconnected from their customer base for a while now. They dug their own grave.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:27 PM

423 posts, read 899,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCguy81 View Post
JP's 4 Corners on Woodruff Rd ( Formerly Arizona Steakhouse ) will close September 30th.
I really liked that place. They were one of the few restaurants that stayed open for dinner on Christmas Eve. I did not eat there often, but thought the food was good and the prices were reasonable.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:11 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,027,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
No surprise. They have been disconnected from their customer base for a while now. They dug their own grave.
How were they disconnected? I personally never had in issues at Babaziki . The food was good and consistent every time I went. Although I always thought they had a large staff at times for the amount of business they were doing. Hate to see them go. Woodruff Rd needs variety other than burgers and fried chicken.

Old 09-22-2017, 09:47 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,804,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
How were they disconnected? I personally never had in issues at Babaziki . The food was good and consistent every time I went. Although I always thought they had a large staff at times for the amount of business they were doing. Hate to see them go. Woodruff Rd needs variety other than burgers and fried chicken.
No advertising, no coupons, haven't posted any updates on Facebook since November 2016, etc. How are people supposed to know your business even exists without telling them?

Old 09-22-2017, 12:46 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,188,965 times
Quote:
No advertising, no coupons, haven't posted any updates on Facebook since November 2016, etc. How are people supposed to know your business even exists without telling them?
Most restaurants I go to don't advertise, have coupons (wish they did) and I don't do FB so unless they have an open FB where you can see without having a FB account if wenwant tp seeninfo on them, loke times or menu. For the most partmif its not listed on here we figure its open. Otherwise, we use Plan B if we get there and its closed.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:49 PM

272 posts, read 329,585 times
Quote:
They Grouponed and LivingSocialed like champs, so perhaps they thought that sufficed.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:22 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,027,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2007 View Post
They Grouponed and LivingSocialed like champs, so perhaps they thought that sufficed.
Yes they did. You could pretty much get a 2 for 1 deal on Groupon for Babaziki most of the time. Maybe they gave away too much or perhaps another location would serve them better like DT or Haywood Mall. Not all sure that some of the Cabela's clientele were clamoring to eat Mediterranean food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area