Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2013, 03:05 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times

Advertisements

It appeared that something was going on at the KFC in Simpsonville yesterday.. Parking lot was blocked off and lights were out in the place.. Don't know if it was a remodel, location closed permanently or maybe even a health inspection issue or.. Busted pipe maybe or something along those lines.. Didn't look particularly like a permanent closing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 03:41 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,519,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
It appeared that something was going on at the KFC in Simpsonville yesterday.. Parking lot was blocked off and lights were out in the place.. Don't know if it was a remodel, location closed permanently or maybe even a health inspection issue or.. Busted pipe maybe or something along those lines.. Didn't look particularly like a permanent closing.
Hmmm...KFC Mauldin's sign says they are hiring for Simpsonville!

Old 10-11-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Hmmm...KFC Mauldin's sign says they are hiring for Simpsonville!
That would fit in with a remodel.

Seems early for a remodel.. They built that when they tore down the old one across the street from Taco Bell when they redid the interstate.. And that was.. Maybe 8 years ago or so? KFC and Burger King used to be, more or less, where the parking lot of the Ruby Tuesday's is now.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:39 PM

9,496 posts, read 9,807,609 times
Quote:
It's a total remodel that has been going on for weeks. It looks like they are almost done and they are hiring.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:39 PM

503 posts, read 692,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
It's a total remodel that has been going on for weeks. It looks like they are almost done and they are hiring.
Hopefully it will be run better than the woodruff rd location. You have to scream at them in the drive-thru speaker to be heard and they all sound like a garblled mess. Then they are slow to get your order too you (10 Mins at the window last time and 15 the time before that) and then your order 90% of the time is wrong. How hard is it to get a combo right, #1 with pepsi and wedges and a #8 with sierra mist and mashed potatos...I mean seriously its crazy.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:41 PM

Wonder if they might be turning it into a dual branded store? I saw no indication of that from the road (signage) but.. There's no Long John Silvers that I can think of in Simpsonville..

It just seems way too early to do a total remodel on that store, considering how new it is.

LJS is the only thing I can think of that they'd co-brand it with.. A&W is no longer part of Yum Brands, so.. While some are co-branded with it, such as Mauldin.. I don't think they're doing any more.

Pizza Hut and Taco Bell have existing locations.. Neither are as good as the KFC location, IMO.. But.. I don't see either of those closing to co-brand with the KFC.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:53 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
Quote:
Wonder if they might be turning it into a dual branded store? I saw no indication of that from the road (signage) but.. There's no Long John Silvers that I can think of in Simpsonville..

It just seems way too early to do a total remodel on that store, considering how new it is.

LJS is the only thing I can think of that they'd co-brand it with.. A&W is no longer part of Yum Brands, so.. While some are co-branded with it, such as Mauldin.. I don't think they're doing any more.

Pizza Hut and Taco Bell have existing locations.. Neither are as good as the KFC location, IMO.. But.. I don't see either of those closing to co-brand with the KFC.
Long John Silver's and A&W, both formerly of Yum Brands, were sold off.

It would be interesting for Pizza Hut to co-brand with either Taco Bell or KFC. Do you think a large stuff crust cheeseburger pizza with drink and breadsticks can be ready in a minute if ordering in the drive through?

Old 10-14-2013, 09:00 AM

Pretty sure there's one on Laurens Rd in Greenville.. It's a Taco Bell/Pizza Hut co-brand. In the parking lot-ish of the Petsmart..

2455 Laurens Rd, Greenville, SC on Google Maps, you can do a street view of it.

Technically, yes, it is a Pizza Hut Express... They don't have the full Pizza Hut menu.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:50 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,807,609 times
KFC and Taco Bell sometimes link up in one location, but the Simpsonville location will just be KFC.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:40 PM

There's still a co-branded KFC/Long John Silvers in Laurens. Now, whether they're doing any MORE of these.. I don't know.

And, you could be (And, i'd say likely are) correct that Simpsonville isn't going to be a co-branded restaurant.

I still maintain that it seems REALLY quick that they're remodeling the entire place, to the level that they are, after such a.. relatively short time. I guess it has been about 10 years since that place was built.. And, there's a good bit of chicken grease floating around all the time.. Just seems really quick to need/do a total remodel on the place.

More I think about it, the KFC in Abbeville was built.. Sometime around 1982 or so.. And was bulldozed around 2005/2006.. But I think that was more to turn it into a combo store (KFC/Taco Bell) than anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area