Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 10:02 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,206,121 times

Advertisements

Cracker Barrel only located off of interstates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 03:46 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Not always. Myrtle Beach, Charleston and Aiken have CB's located away from the interstate. I am sure there are many more.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:18 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Not true. Greenwood has a Cracker Barrel and its at least 30 miles from an interstate.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:24 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,206,121 times
Sorry didn't mean to say only. If you compare how many locations they have and look at the percentage that are not directly off an interstate you can clearly see there a very few if any really. The ones mentioned above are on majorly traveled roads that are used a lot by tourists which is the population CB goes after for the most part. MB ones are all off interstate except for 1. Greenwood one is only 12 miles. Hwy 17 is highly traveled road in eastern SC for people heading to coastal vacation spots like MB.

If market shows potential they will research an area not close to an interstate but that is where they locate most of the time.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:31 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Scuffletown USA Dance Barn closing end of year from what I read on their website.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:08 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Scuffletown USA Dance Barn closing end of year from what I read on their website.
Dancin' Barn

Quote:
Scuffletown Dancin' Barn is closing it's doors on Saturday nights. Due to the economy and expenses, Saturday, September 28, 2013 is our last Saturday night of dancing. Thank you for the years of support!
Scuffletown Dancing Barn is not closing completely. It closed on Saturday nights over two months ago.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:33 AM

453 posts, read 646,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crh9999999 View Post
My understanding is a bank offered Luthis owner a sum of money that was too much to reject. Disappointing. I come to enjoy the shop as they offer a niche with firearms/ fly fishing supplies/ and jewelry, jewelry repair other places can't offer.
One of my coworkers told me today that they're slimming down and moving into the old Earshot location on Laurens, next to The Great Escape. No idea if that's true or not.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:30 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Dancin' Barn

Scuffletown Dancing Barn is not closing completely. It closed on Saturday nights over two months ago.
I read this on their FB Page of Nov. 9th:

https://www.facebook.com/scuffletown

OK everyone, The news is out, so let me make you all aware. Our beloved Scuffletown Dancing Barn has been sold, The building that has always housed the dancing barn will unfortunately be demolished. Justin's Monday night dance lessons will continue until the end of the year. But the building is being stripped, and almost everything is up for sale. I'm insure of the exact days that the will have th...e sale open so call 967-2276 for more info. But this is an everything must go so be sure to grab your piece of the history while you can. For those of you concerned the Henry's will continue to own a large portion of the property out there but the section with the barn etc will be gone. There may be attempts to organize dances and reunions at another location in the future so do be sure to stay a member of the group. I cannot answer specific questions as to the availability of items etc on here so please don't ask. Call Mark at 967-2276 for specific questions etc.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:35 PM

723 posts, read 1,148,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
One of my coworkers told me today that [Luthi's is] slimming down and moving into the old Earshot location on Laurens, next to The Great Escape. No idea if that's true or not.
For what it's worth, the electronic billboard sign that looms over the Blue Jay gas station at Woodruff and Garlington has been displaying ads for Luthi's "Retirement Sale" for several weeks now.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:16 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
One of my coworkers told me today that they're slimming down and moving into the old Earshot location on Laurens, next to The Great Escape. No idea if that's true or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post
For what it's worth, the electronic billboard sign that looms over the Blue Jay gas station at Woodruff and Garlington has been displaying ads for Luthi's "Retirement Sale" for several weeks now.
I have heard radio commercials so far of a "liquidation sale" and a "store closing." Whatever sale is going on, Luthi's is having one. Whether the store is closing or relocating remains to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I read this on their FB Page of Nov. 9th:

https://www.facebook.com/scuffletown

OK everyone, The news is out, so let me make you all aware. Our beloved Scuffletown Dancing Barn has been sold, The building that has always housed the dancing barn will unfortunately be demolished. Justin's Monday night dance lessons will continue until the end of the year. But the building is being stripped, and almost everything is up for sale. I'm insure of the exact days that the will have th...e sale open so call 967-2276 for more info. But this is an everything must go so be sure to grab your piece of the history while you can. For those of you concerned the Henry's will continue to own a large portion of the property out there but the section with the barn etc will be gone. There may be attempts to organize dances and reunions at another location in the future so do be sure to stay a member of the group. I cannot answer specific questions as to the availability of items etc on here so please don't ask. Call Mark at 967-2276 for specific questions etc.
What is the Scuffletown property will soon become a dense residential development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area