Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 06:52 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,504,572 times

Advertisements

Would like to have my husband's car completely cleaned inside and out before he gets back from Afghanistan. Any good places that do this sort of work around the Greenville/Greer area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Can't quite vouch for the quality of their work (haven't yet sampled their services), but Distinctive Details in Mauldin has been in business since we've been in the area - at least 10 years. I' m going to break down and have my car detailed soon!

Old 01-01-2012, 07:15 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Just had mine done a couple weeks ago, they did a good job and when they showed me the engine, it looked like you could eat off of it, it was so clean. Every nook and cranny seemed to be cleaned. They shampooed my seats, what a difference!

I don't know what the usual cost is, I bought a coupon from Living Social or Groupon (can't remember which it was)

It's Precision Detailing in Greer, on 14 near the airport. I had to make an appt and they had the car all day.

I've never had my car detailed like that, so thorough - it was nice to see my 7yr old car shine! Hoping they'll put out another deal soon for the hubby!

Interested in knowing where others suggest going in the area.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:01 PM

423 posts, read 898,844 times
McBee's Window Tinting and Detail 1297 S Pleasantburg Dr near Mauldin Rd does a good job for a good price. It's a small place so you need an appointment for anything more than a wash. The phone number is 422-9780.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:34 AM

42 posts, read 101,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Just had mine done a couple weeks ago, they did a good job and when they showed me the engine, it looked like you could eat off of it, it was so clean. Every nook and cranny seemed to be cleaned. They shampooed my seats, what a difference!

I don't know what the usual cost is, I bought a coupon from Living Social or Groupon (can't remember which it was)

It's Precision Detailing in Greer, on 14 near the airport. I had to make an appt and they had the car all day.

I've never had my car detailed like that, so thorough - it was nice to see my 7yr old car shine! Hoping they'll put out another deal soon for the hubby!

Interested in knowing where others suggest going in the area.
I had the same deal and they did a HORRIBLE job. They were supposed to remove some sap, and didnt. Wax was not buffed out completely. Left crumbs in the leather seats. Also had my fiance's car done there and they must have used a very abrasive leather cleaner or floor cleaner that caused the leather to peal. Maybe I just got unlucky... but two disappointing experiences would lead me to not return.

I use Executive Detail which has a spot on Laurens/Washington and on Pleasentburg. They do an amazing job.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:01 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsc2011 View Post
I had the same deal and they did a HORRIBLE job. They were supposed to remove some sap, and didnt. Wax was not buffed out completely. Left crumbs in the leather seats. Also had my fiance's car done there and they must have used a very abrasive leather cleaner or floor cleaner that caused the leather to peal. Maybe I just got unlucky... but two disappointing experiences would lead me to not return.

I use Executive Detail which has a spot on Laurens/Washington and on Pleasentburg. They do an amazing job.
My DH would die if they did that to his car! I guess I was lucky, but luck can run out. Did you point the stuff out to them so they could fix it? I wouldn't hesitate to point anything I saw out and give them the chance to corrrect it. I just can't imagine they'd use something abrasive to do something like that, just not a good business practice if you know that it would do that. Luckily, I have fabric seats, and really, they came out nice and clean.

The coupon is what got me in there, otherwise I wouldn't spend that kind of money, at regular price, it's expensive. But once in 7yrs, I thought my car deserved a complete detail instead of one of those quickie jobs that I normally would go for. Hopefully I can do it again in another 7yrs!

Old 01-02-2012, 08:13 AM

42 posts, read 101,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
My DH would die if they did that to his car! I guess I was lucky, but luck can run out. Did you point the stuff out to them so they could fix it? I wouldn't hesitate to point anything I saw out and give them the chance to corrrect it. I just can't imagine they'd use something abrasive to do something like that, just not a good business practice if you know that it would do that. Luckily, I have fabric seats, and really, they came out nice and clean.

The coupon is what got me in there, otherwise I wouldn't spend that kind of money, at regular price, it's expensive. But once in 7yrs, I thought my car deserved a complete detail instead of one of those quickie jobs that I normally would go for. Hopefully I can do it again in another 7yrs!
Tried contacting them twice and the manager/owner or someone was supposed to call me back and never did. The spotty job (not buffed wax and poor interior cleaning) was likely caused by them being too busy and them rushing. The pealing leather is what made me very mad. It was right where the carpet meets the leather on the center console. So my guess is they were cleaning the carpets or something and when the cleaner touched the leather it started to peal so they used a different product. It just so happened I was about to trade that car in so it wasn't quite as big of a deal.

Either way... I hate to knock companies, and probably wouldnt have if I would have had one good experience and one bad, but I have been getting my cars detailed for years and would have to say they did the worst job. A little extra time/attention to detail would have probably left me much happier. My bad experience could be followed by 20 good experiences so to each their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area