Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 06:19 AM

21 posts, read 40,407 times

Advertisements

Where i currently live now in MA people are so.. unfriendly,moody ect,ect.
When i finally get the chance to move to SC ASAP!! Just curious what your opinions are of the local SC people.

I have been to NC & i was amazed how differant & friendly they are there. So i figure that SC people are much the same or better. However.. i do know that there is always... a few bad apples in the bunch. But overall how do you rate the SC attitudes there on a scale of 1 to 10? 1 the worst & 10 the best. Thanks for all or any of your opinions!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 07:01 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,534,267 times
I'd rate Greenville a 9 or 10. We moved to Greenville in 2008 from NC. My husband preceded me by a few months. Before I arrived, one of the first things he commented on was how much friendlier the people were here than the city where we previously lived. I think a lot of it depends on your own outlook and attitude (no matter where you live). If you are a friendly person, you'll get that in return.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:19 AM

306 posts, read 689,982 times
We moved here 3 1/2 years ago from New York........I would give this area an 11+ You may get an "attitude" every now and then, but it's rare. I have a neighbor from NY who would disagree with me, but then that's because of the way THEY are!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:25 AM

344 posts, read 816,506 times
I would give this area a 9 or 10. I grew up here, but have lived in 2 other states, and this is by far the friendliest. It always impresses me when random strangers offer to take my buggy for me in the grocery store parking lot, open doors for me, etc. People here are just generally happy and friendly, with the random crabby person thrown in here and there

Old 01-03-2012, 10:16 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,551,112 times
My mom always comments on how friendly people are here when she visits. And she's from the South anyway!

Old 01-03-2012, 01:23 PM

899 posts, read 2,288,968 times
The Greenville area is very friendly. Come on down!

Old 01-03-2012, 01:40 PM

55 posts, read 114,612 times
I grew up here and I think the newcomers are just as friendly as us homegrown guys.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:43 PM

5 posts, read 7,806 times
My wife and I just visited for two days checking out the area for our future relocation and were again struck by how friendly Greenville folks are. We drove through neighborhoods and had residents wave to us even though they knew they didn't know us — we had NY plates on the van! Service staff in restaurants and drug store and grocery clerks were very pleasant and talkative. People even stopped and waved us onto Woodruff Road! All in all, we were very impressed by positive, warm attitudes of the people there and are more eager than ever to move down.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:06 PM

121 posts, read 244,753 times
My parents just left after a visit (from the Midwest) and they were blown away by all the friendliness. Waving, smiling, politeness - Greenville made me proud

Old 01-03-2012, 06:59 PM

807 posts, read 1,785,658 times
Default Thanks!

I will say thank you for the kind comments. We love to say "hey y'all", & we will talk to people we don't know. We love your accent as much as you love ours. I think we are pretty friendly overall. Love to talk to people in the line at the grocery store, dept. store or wherever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area