Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 04:32 AM

745 posts, read 2,228,373 times

Advertisements

The one in Travelers Rest is very small, but I always find a few things there. Most things are very local and good. Last week I bought strawberries, eggs, and goat cheese. It should get a bit bigger as summer gets here. It opens at 9 AM on Saturdays, and is a block off of Main St., behind Sunrift Adventures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 11:35 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,423,688 times
What about the one on Rutherford? Has anyone been to that? The Travelers Rest one sounds good as does Main and McBee downtown but too bad it is only in the AMs. I'd like to go now but it is too late I guess. I guess I'll have to wait until next weekend.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:33 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,785,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiis View Post
The Asheville Farmers market is not organic. Much of it is local, but not organic. Some of it is not even local, meaning they buy it from a produce truck that brings it in, and resell it.

It's big,but not worth the drive IMHO. We lived there when we went. You'll find much better local organic stuff here at the Greenville downtown market.
I agree. I've been to the market in Asheville and far prefer the one here in Greenville.

Somewhere I have a list from last year of all the locations and days of area markets. I'll try to dig it out.

There are some great produce stands out on Hwy 25 heading toward Asheville but closer to Greenville. There's also a produce stand next to an ice cream shop on Buncombe Road in Greer.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:35 PM

110 posts, read 454,741 times
Default Farmer's Markets

Spartanburg has a Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings. There is a great deal of organic produce. It is at the Magnolia Train station downtown.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:11 PM

288 posts, read 946,845 times
It's not a farmer's market but the Swamp Rabbit Cafe and grocery is a great place to find local organic produce as well as local, responsibly raised meat, eggs and cheese. Buying organic is always more expensive but I think their prices are reasonable. Perhaps a little higher than you'll pay for organic stuff at a conventional grocery store but you are supporting a local farmer and know that that your strawberries were picked recently, instead of being trucked from California. I was pretty impressed with the place. They also have nice baked goods and sandwiches as well as interesting things from local suppliers, like chocolate made in Asheville. That sort of thing. swamprabbitcafe

Old 05-20-2012, 06:49 PM

807 posts, read 1,779,626 times
There is a small one in Easley on Main St. every Sat. from 8:00 until 2:00 pm. Veggies, local homemade breads, sometimes a man comes from Folly Beach & brings fresh shrimp. They are huge!! They also have some crafts and such too.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:38 PM

5,555 posts, read 15,329,977 times
The TD Saturday Market was named one of the "Top 20 Events in the Southeast" for May 2013 by the Southeast Tourism Society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area