Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 09:38 PM

10 posts, read 16,528 times

Advertisements

not trying to be rued but evryone talking cookie cutter ..i like to know what they have OR do they just rent ..the way i look at it cookie cutter or not..mines paid for HA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 11:23 AM

11 posts, read 19,177 times
HELP.....I am an 'elderly' guy, 65, looking for a safe, quiet, condo or home, small....under 1200 square feet (dont want a housekeeper yet}...Looking in the Greenville area, within 50 miles....preferably on the SW side of Greenville. I am mostly concerned about VA facilities, safety (crime) and QUIET...any help or advise, appreciated. You can respond to me directly or thru this website. I am in the Atlanta area now, OUCH....looking for a move in the next 12 months. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks

Old 06-10-2014, 06:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,239 times
Question, please. I'll have about two hours in your neighborhood next Friday. Where should I go in Simpsonville during lunch time? I am driving up from Florida to investigate retiring in Upstate. Since I only have one day on this trip, what should I see and do next Friday? p.s. please don't let your city get TOO BIG before I get there. I like rolling hills and cow pastures, too.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:40 PM

2,443 posts, read 2,869,148 times
If you have only one day and want to get an impression if the area then you should not just visit Simpsonville; you need to go to downtown Greenville. Did you specifically want to eat lunch in Simpsonville?

Old 06-11-2014, 08:10 PM

60 posts, read 132,241 times
Default Barf

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I kind of get tired of people describing Simpsonville as having a bunch of cookie cutter homes and not much else to offer.

I love it here. You're still close enough to Greenville downtown if you want to go yet you're more in the country with the rolling hills, beautiful homes, horses, cows, winding roads, etc.

I used to work at a high stress job off of Woodruff Rd. and Butler. I would take the country Rds home and it just relaxed me from a day of stress. I enjoy living more in the country.

Sure we have cookie cutter homes, but so do most towns. Evidently people don't mind them because they sure are being lived in.

I don't think Simpsonville has more cookie cutter homes than anywhere else does.

We have more beautiful huge homes all over. I've never seen so many gorgeous homes. I think those that describe Simpsonville as cookie cutter haven't really taken the time to really drive around. There is more to Simpsonville than what's on Fairview and around Five Forks. It's really a nice area. We have all the amenities close by without having to drive to Greenville yet Greenville is just a hop skip and jump away.

One day I went a different way driving around Simpsonville and just kind of got lost but I discovered beautiful roads I never knew existed. I was in awe. Before you put down Simpsonville, spend some time there and drive around on some of the back roads. I've been living here 7 years and still discovering little gems off the beaten path.

I don't have any issue with the traffic either. It's just normal. Traffic on Woodruff Rd. doesn't really get bad until you hit Feaster Rd. where the BI-LO is. Sure there is traffic on Fairview but what town doesn't have traffic in the main area? Even with the heavier traffic, it really isn't an issue or that much a bother.

There's more to the upstate than just Downtown Greenville.
I would rather live in Somalia. Simpsonville is nothing but cookie cutter homes, one right after the other.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:15 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazboggs View Post
I would rather live in Somalia. Simpsonville is nothing but cookie cutter homes, one right after the other.
The feeling is mutual, I'm sure you can find a nice mud hut in Somalia that won't look like the other mud huts.

Simpsonville is not the only city in America that has subdivisions. Subdivisions offer people the chance to own a nice house for a lower cost, usually closer to amenities. It may not fit everyone, which is why we have choices in America.

Your other choice is a custom builder (if you can find land) or buy a much older home. (or a mud hut)

Old 06-12-2014, 08:06 AM

I have to say that I have spent a lot of time lately in Simpsonville, and I concur with diddlydudette; there is a lot more to it than Five Forks; it is a beautiful area with many different types of neighborhoods/homes. Nothing wrong with cookie-cutter either, if that's what you can afford and the location is good, and the home is built well.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:16 PM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
I have to say that I have spent a lot of time lately in Simpsonville, and I concur with diddlydudette; there is a lot more to it than Five Forks; it is a beautiful area with many different types of neighborhoods/homes. Nothing wrong with cookie-cutter either, if that's what you can afford and the location is good, and the home is built well.
The subdivision I'm moving in requires different elevations if the same home plan is close to each other. Most home plans come with 5 or 6 elevations so there is often no two that look alike on the same street.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
The subdivision I'm moving in requires different elevations if the same home plan is close to each other. Most home plans come with 5 or 6 elevations so there is often no two that look alike on the same street.
Yes I would say most tract builders have the same requirement; I was going to say that but ran out of time! That helps give the neighborhoods some character.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:53 AM

71 posts, read 144,653 times
I did go to downtown Greenville on my last visit. Also saw on that trip: Easley, Greer, Travelers Rest, Table Rock.

Looking to see the southern towns near Simpsonville and Fountain Inn.

And by the way, liked it all. Upstate rocks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area