U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:26 AM

11,338 posts, read 22,636,736 times

Advertisements

According to the Mauldin Police Department, there are anywhere between 20-50 identified gangs in Greenville County. GreenvilleOnline.com -Local News-Police: 20 to 50 gangs in Greenville County - (10/2/2007) The good news is that many concerned parents are attending meetings to try and combat the problem early before it gets worse. Police are also trying to help. Earlier news reports also say that Blood are starting to come in from the west coast. That would make sense seeing how I saw a Speed Limit 35 and Coldwell Banker for sale sign spray painted with the word Blood just 2 weeks ago in Greenville. The speed limit sign was near Greenville Memorial Hospital, while the Coldwell Banker sign was along Highway 123 near the old Millstone gold course.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 08:10 AM

745 posts, read 2,096,571 times
I read that too. I don't understand how if they're 'identified gangs', they don't have a more accurate count?

Old 10-02-2007, 12:26 PM

2,259 posts, read 5,461,585 times
Default 20-50?

what qualifies a group as a gang? more than 2? do you have to commit acts of crime to be a gang? I find it hard to believe there are as many as 50 in Greenville, not that I am naive enough to think there are none, but that seems excessive, who knows maybe i'm wrong. Oh and I saw a speed limit sign near my house spray painted with the words "rhonda's fat", are they a gang?

Old 10-02-2007, 12:56 PM

11,338 posts, read 22,636,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
what qualifies a group as a gang? more than 2? do you have to commit acts of crime to be a gang? I find it hard to believe there are as many as 50 in Greenville, not that I am naive enough to think there are none, but that seems excessive, who knows maybe i'm wrong. Oh and I saw a speed limit sign near my house spray painted with the words "rhonda's fat", are they a gang?
LOL at Rhonda's fat.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:09 PM

617 posts, read 2,449,447 times
The ones I've heard the most about are "2-5" and "West G". I became aware of those mostly through Greenville High, but never heard much about any others. Of course I'm not claiming that there aren't any other gangs...I'm sure there are, but like Noodles said, what qualifies a group as a gang?

I mean, my group of friends qualifies as a gang I would assume...we're a group of people and there's not much more to a "gang" than that. I guess the gangs they're counting would be the ones that are usually more associated with crime, though.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:45 PM

2,259 posts, read 5,461,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
LOL at Rhonda's fat.
no joke, there really is, if you want a photo of it I could sure snap one for ya...lol

Old 10-02-2007, 09:08 PM

Sounds like a personal problem to me, haha! "Yeah, i'll get back at Rhonda...hahaha!"

Old 10-02-2007, 09:46 PM

14,267 posts, read 17,452,931 times
What about Spanky & Our Gang? Petey The dog was even a Pit Bull. LOL

Old 10-02-2007, 09:50 PM

61,293 posts, read 81,511,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
According to the Mauldin Police Department, there are anywhere between 20-50 identified gangs in Greenville County. GreenvilleOnline.com -Local News-Police: 20 to 50 gangs in Greenville County - (10/2/2007) The good news is that many concerned parents are attending meetings to try and combat the problem early before it gets worse. Police are also trying to help. Earlier news reports also say that Blood are starting to come in from the west coast. That would make sense seeing how I saw a Speed Limit 35 and Coldwell Banker for sale sign spray painted with the word Blood just 2 weeks ago in Greenville. The speed limit sign was near Greenville Memorial Hospital, while the Coldwell Banker sign was along Highway 123 near the old Millstone gold course.
what state is greenville county in? i wana scratch that off my club med
agenda.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-02-2007, 10:04 PM

Greenville County is in South Carolina. I'm quite sure that we do not have nearly as many gangs as larger cities in California and others across the country would have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area