Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 05:08 PM

348 posts, read 499,716 times

Advertisements

I am relatively new to the Swamp Rabbit Trail and recently asked a local bike shop where are places to park and access the trail? They suggested a place near downtown off of Richardson Street. Please correct me if I am wrong but I found a parking lot that appeared to be by the bike trail and it was "Deplorable"! This appeared to be across the street from a park like setting. Water filled craters and a mud parking lot! I told myself that this could not be a parking lot for this use/access of the highly recommended Swamp Rabbit Trail. My gosh this parking lot looked like an off road mud bogging sight. Tell me it isn't so? If it is, please inform me whom to contact and report this unsightly parking area. JMHO. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 05:17 PM

11,717 posts, read 24,930,806 times
It's technically not a parking lot but people use it as one. That was supposed to be the site of the Camperdown Condos project until the recession killed it.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:53 PM

1,849 posts, read 2,789,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuguy2 View Post
Water filled craters and a mud parking lot! I told myself that this could not be a parking lot for this use/access of the highly recommended Swamp Rabbit Trail. My gosh this parking lot looked like an off road mud bogging sight. Tell me it isn't so? If it is, please inform me whom to contact and report this unsightly parking area. JMHO. Thanks.
It isn't owned by the city, and is not maintained. The owner is not local and either doesn't care or is unaware that it is a popular parking spot. If they ever find out, it will probably be closed off or converted to a paid lot. So ... and maybe it will continue to be available for a while longer. Any vehicle can navigate there in dry weather, but beware - avoid the potholes that can swallow a Mini Cooper. In this wet weather, plan on parking somewhere else and riding to the trail.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:05 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,662,874 times
We always park in Cleveland Park and run towards downtown and up past that area you are speaking of. That's a good place for free parking though closer in. You could park at County Square as that's a close by lot that is free.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:01 AM

557 posts, read 870,395 times
I looked up the property owners on Greenville County's website and it said that NaturaLand Trust is overseeing the property. I found they have a website. I submitted an inquiry to the trust to see what plans, if any they have for the property? Hopefully they will respond soon and I will report my findings here.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCainJr View Post
I looked up the property owners on Greenville County's website and it said that NaturaLand Trust is overseeing the property. I found they have a website. I submitted an inquiry to the trust to see what plans, if any they have for the property? Hopefully they will respond soon and I will report my findings here.
Last time I rode by this area (parking lot by LinkyStone children's garden), it was barricaded off and seems to be closed now.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 AM

5,598 posts, read 15,454,125 times
Isn't that the location of a potential new development by Windsor Aughtry Company?

Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 AM

11,717 posts, read 24,930,806 times
The parking lot was closed off due to erosion problems.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:41 AM

672 posts, read 1,425,004 times
Has anyone parked at the gravel lot at the corner of Mayberry St. and Peden St.? The last time we walked by, it was empty and looked like it was prepared as a nice parking lot right on the trail.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
Has anyone parked at the gravel lot at the corner of Mayberry St. and Peden St.? The last time we walked by, it was empty and looked like it was prepared as a nice parking lot right on the trail.
The lot belongs to the same owners as the Swamp Rabbit Crossfit center. It would be good to ask there first to get their viewpoint. It would be a convenient place to park though.

Other than that, the county University Ridge parking lot is the next best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area