Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 10:07 PM

10,309 posts, read 7,924,232 times

Advertisements

Now THAT was hard to watch! I wanted USC to win so bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 11:34 PM

5,598 posts, read 15,445,918 times
That was a great way to lose on the road against a top-ten opponent though. S.C. won't drop far in the polls and next week's game in "The Swamp" could seal their destiny in the SEC East regardless of the loss to LSU.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:47 AM

481 posts, read 868,610 times
Though I do like SC, but I am a trough and through true fan of LSU, and it was awesome to see LSU win, especially their loss last week. Though I am also a Florida State fan, but Spurrier is a good coach by far, and he did a great job with Florida. He is home where he needs to be and he will get a shot at the title again hopefully. It was a very interesting game by far, but I would like to see how they fair against Alabama if they do make the SEC Championship, but we will see though. I am waiting to see how they fair against Florida next week, especially being that Spurrier was their coach for a long time during Bowdens era with Florida State.

Will be with you guys in Greenville in March, and i am soooo stoked to be near SC and Clemson!

Old 10-14-2012, 12:20 PM

21,035 posts, read 27,455,078 times
South Carolina suffered a big loss to LSU. The Gamecocks will fall in the polls, but not a great extent. Several big games remain ahead at Florida, with Tennessee, then at Arkansas. Games get harder as the season progresses.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:56 PM

37,929 posts, read 42,237,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
That was a great way to lose on the road against a top-ten opponent though. S.C. won't drop far in the polls and next week's game in "The Swamp" could seal their destiny in the SEC East regardless of the loss to LSU.
I agree. I think more hype was surrounding Carolina to win this due to the performance against Georgia and LSU's loss to Auburn, but before that, most people had pretty much given this one to LSU. All in all, it was an expected loss but hardly a bad one. Carolina is still nicely positioned for a great season.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:09 PM

18,107 posts, read 27,595,743 times
I really have no reason to be a... albeit new... SC fan, but I am. For one thing, I'm not crazy about Florida, so the Gamecocks(gc's in case this gets edited ) were my last hope.

My last hope to see a has-been SEC EAST conference beat a high ranked and superior SEC WEST opponent... but it is what it is;

SEC WEST > FLORIDA > the rest of the SEC EAST > the rest of Division I.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:03 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,908,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Now THAT was hard to watch! I wanted USC to win so bad.
Not a shock though. LSU is a more physical team. IMO, South Carolina tends to have some trouble competing with the big dogs in the SEC. Does South Carolina football have any national championships in their history?

Old 10-15-2012, 01:30 AM

4,636 posts, read 6,117,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Not a shock though. LSU is a more physical team. IMO, South Carolina tends to have some trouble competing with the big dogs in the SEC. Does South Carolina football have any national championships in their history?

South Carolina has never won the national championship in Football. They only have one conference championship in history and that was in the 60's when they won the ACC once. They have never won the SEC championship since they joined in 1992.

I think Arkansas will be an extremely tough game for them which seems to be overlooked. While Arkansas has performed poorly this season that team is loaded with talent and for some reason Arkansas has the Gamecocks and Spurriers number over the years.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:07 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,908,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
South Carolina has never won the national championship in Football. They only have one conference championship in history and that was in the 60's when they won the ACC once. They have never won the SEC championship since they joined in 1992.

I think Arkansas will be an extremely tough game for them which seems to be overlooked. While Arkansas has performed poorly this season that team is loaded with talent and for some reason Arkansas has the Gamecocks and Spurriers number over the years.
Thanks. I wouldn't be worried about Arkansas. They have fallen apart this year.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:42 PM

803 posts, read 1,473,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Thanks. I wouldn't be worried about Arkansas. They have fallen apart this year.
I dunno...VistaTiger is right, Arkansas does have the Gamecocks' number historically and for some reason, we just don't match up well with the Hawgs. I think Ark might be finding their game again, they've gotten a couple of big SEC wins in a row now (including going to Auburn and beating them pretty handily). Are they gonna challenge for the SEC West or anything? No, but they will likely still be playing for their bowl lives when we meet them in early November (they're 3-4 now with LSU still to play). As a Gamecock fan, the Ark game still has me a little worried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area