U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:59 AM

335 posts, read 1,142,062 times

Advertisements

Hello

Can anyone recommend a mortgage company or bank here in upstate. We are in the process of loan shopping and would like to know who is out there with the lowest rates and fees, real and not with hidden costs. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 11:22 AM

10,642 posts, read 20,751,163 times
You have a 2 week window to shop mortgage rates. Any pulls outside that 2 week window results in a small hit on your credit. I would recommend calling at least 3 lenders and make sure you get a good faith estimate from them. It's Columbia but I've had good experiences with:

Bryan Baldwin, First Reliance Bank (Bryan does some work in Greenville)
Cell: 803-730-0027

Randy Brown, 1st Metropolitan Mortgage
Office:803-732-5787

Gene Robertson, Wachovia
Office: 803-749-2069

ERA Mortgage (not local)

Phone: 877-824-4432

Old 10-15-2007, 06:59 PM

609 posts, read 1,562,434 times
^ Suntrust, I've got a few problems with the Greenville Reps on this.......... Sun, no Trust.......... the name was ruined for me

Old 10-16-2007, 10:26 AM

9 posts, read 24,986 times
Sojones,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I am out of the Spartanburg office. The individual loan officers are what makes the experience a positive or a negative one and not the bank.

John

Old 10-17-2007, 09:29 AM

18 posts, read 45,351 times
I know of a great mortgage company. You can call Robbin Broome of MCM Companies
864-220-0777 office
864-907-0517 cell

Old 10-18-2007, 01:25 PM

2 posts, read 5,626 times
Check out Aimloan.com You get all the info right there w/o having to give out any personal info! I've done two loans with them and I'm getting ready to do another...just waiting and hoping interest rates will get a little lower. FYI... I'm in California right now (not for too much longer though) and I don't know for sure if they loan to SC but I know I've put SC in their rate info and have come up with a quote. We're getting ready for retirement and are looking seriously at SC

Old 10-18-2007, 02:14 PM

335 posts, read 1,142,062 times
Thanks for all the info. I have started looking at some of these. It's great to hear from people's personal experiences! This is for our new home, but we still have to sell our current home, which would make for a great retirement home, hot tub and all for you LYNNNO. LOL Thanks again, will keep shopping around.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:33 PM

10,642 posts, read 20,751,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnno View Post
Check out Aimloan.com You get all the info right there w/o having to give out any personal info! I've done two loans with them and I'm getting ready to do another...just waiting and hoping interest rates will get a little lower. FYI... I'm in California right now (not for too much longer though) and I don't know for sure if they loan to SC but I know I've put SC in their rate info and have come up with a quote. We're getting ready for retirement and are looking seriously at SC
I don't understand the benefit of a quote if no personal info is given? How does the lender give a accurate quote or know what other financing you may be able to actually get without personal info? That sounds a little fishy to me but I'm asking to give you a chance to prove me wrong.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:17 AM

609 posts, read 1,562,434 times
^ not too hard if you know your credit scores though

a rate of which you can expect little change to can be given

....... Just make sure you shop around and keep in mind, you can have your credit pulled ___ times in like a 30 or 60 day period and it's not effected more than it would be by 1 (if not mistaken)

either way.. it's important to make sure companies fight for your account! Competition is the key to bringing prices down in every market

and to the one from SunTrust; sorry. One experience ruins the company for me. A company should be strict on its practices whether with one office or multiple offices using business ethic analysis.

if it's a bad deal for me int he long run.. I know the BBB will just deal with it either way.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:59 PM

2 posts, read 5,626 times
Default aimloan.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I don't understand the benefit of a quote if no personal info is given? How does the lender give a accurate quote or know what other financing you may be able to actually get without personal info? That sounds a little fishy to me but I'm asking to give you a chance to prove me wrong.
Go to their website, email, call them (ask for Linda Jensen, if I remember right, tell her Lynn S referred you) I think it's kind of like you either qualify or you don't , none of that "you qualify for this higher rate stuff". At least that's my impression, I could be wrong. Just ask them, couldn't hurt. Are you a realtor? We're looking at the nw corner of SC for some country/close to town property. Just looking for now. Haven't settled on an area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area