Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 01:10 AM

11,689 posts, read 24,653,561 times

Advertisements

Well, here are just a "few" pics to show you-

Peacock Hotel and Spa:

McBee Station:

Palmetto Bank headquarters site:

Fresh Market:

Griffin Park. 1,062 homes in all-

Trail head:

Forest with creek running through the middle and trail in the background:

Ellis Park where the trees are:

An island in the middle of the road where the trees were saved. Don't see too many of those in sprawl neighborhoods:

Playground:

Streetscape:

Homes:

This is to give you an idea of how close these homes are built to one another. No driveways in the front. No cul-de-sacs anywhere. All alleys with small driveways in the back:

Carolina First headquarters. 13 buildings in all. First phase-

Future road through campus:

Going up fast. 4 floors complete with work starting on 5th:

CU-ICAR-

Future site of Collaboration 1 buildings:

Plaza area:

Campbell Graduate Center:

Homewood Suites:

Greenville Hospital System's new Greer campus:

One of the many new apartment complexes going up throughout Greenville County. This one is located at the Brookwood Point mixed use development and will consist of 10-15 buildings:

Village at Pelham hospital:

Cascades at Verdae site:

Verdae-
Brick style for homes:

Legacy Park with walking/biking trail on outskirt:

Road:

Concrete/brick crosswalk:

Acadia. 700 home mixed-use development:

Food Lion anchored shopping center

Greenville Hospital System University Research Building

Magnolia Park Town Center-
Costco:

Sign:

Future site of Sports Authority and other retail/restaurant establishments to be announced in mid-2008:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 04:18 AM

609 posts, read 1,614,449 times
awesome photos

i expect Woodruff Road's complex to be great!

Old 10-21-2007, 05:53 AM

843 posts, read 2,738,127 times
Everytime I see pictures of Greenville it makes me want to be up that way. It's just pretty there. Sumter just has a depressing atmosphere.

Why are those houses so tightly packed? No front yards? No back yards? What do the kids do, play in the streets/alleys?

Old 10-21-2007, 08:02 AM

745 posts, read 2,224,267 times
Great pics! I especially like Griffin Park. Nice to see that they're saving some trees, and bringing back some architecture with style! Ceezer- Tightly packed homes have been the trend in some areas for a while, and will continue as populations and land values soar. Part of the thinking is to have a smaller yard, and leave some 'green space' within the community- not an altogether bad idea. My nephew lives in a planned community in Ft Mill like that. Kids do play in the streets and green spaces, until they discover video games, after which they never leave the house anyway!

Old 10-21-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojones View Post
i expect Woodruff Road's complex to be great!
Oh, it definitely will. I have the site plan for MPTC if you would like to see it. Just PM your email and I will send it to you. The UP people on here except for gsupstate seem to have forgotten how to take update pics, so I had to do it for them.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:20 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,816,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceezer View Post
Everytime I see pictures of Greenville it makes me want to be up that way. It's just pretty there. Sumter just has a depressing atmosphere.

Why are those houses so tightly packed? No front yards? No back yards? What do the kids do, play in the streets/alleys?
my fiance's mother lives in a similar development near Atlanta(although this one looks a little nicer) the only thing I can figure is they offer a nice home on a postage stamp lot, that way its a little cheaper for the buyer and they can build tons of them in a smaller area, I like the fact that it looks like they actually have individual character though, most of the ones in my mother in law to be's development look exactly the same, only like 4 different designs.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
my fiance's mother lives in a similar development near Atlanta(although this one looks a little nicer) the only thing I can figure is they offer a nice home on a postage stamp lot, that way its a little cheaper for the buyer and they can build tons of them in a smaller area, I like the fact that it looks like they actually have individual character though, most of the ones in my mother in law to be's development look exactly the same, only like 4 different designs.
It's this great thing called "urban planning."

Old 10-23-2007, 05:56 PM

This is the start of the highrise boom. Peacock Hotel and Spa crane. No, it's not an illusion. It really is that tall:

Old 10-25-2007, 06:27 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,805,784 times
Another great photo thread g-man! Thanks!

Old 10-25-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbeantown View Post
Drab City...
Wow. One post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area