U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 10:11 AM

2 posts, read 19,165 times

Advertisements

Greetings all!

My wife and I are seriously considering relocating to Greenville. Needless to say before we can do that, I need to find suitable employment. I have my resume on various online services, but that seems rather slow.

Does anyone know if there is a "Headhunter' I can contact and send my resume to, who could help me locate the right job? I have 25 years in banking (credit and debit card), 15 of which is in supervision and management. So, I am not necessarily limited to banking.

Any "tips" anyone could give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

John D.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2006, 02:09 PM

55 posts, read 227,274 times
I'll call a few friends at SunTrust and let you know what I can come up with.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:00 PM

2 posts, read 19,165 times
Wow, Micah! That's awesome of you. Thanks! I have a resume I can send to anyone who wants to see it. Thanks again! John

Old 08-07-2007, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 9,441 times
What processor did you come from ??? Sometimes you can look in the Charlotte and Atlanta markets . They look for people in this area to manage and sell..

Old 08-07-2007, 10:11 PM

609 posts, read 1,545,530 times
what kind of job are you looking to land?

Millenia Campus of Greenville is opening around 10,000 professional jobs in the next 2 years and just about ALL positions will be opening in that area all togethor; there and around it.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:27 AM

5,497 posts, read 14,599,759 times
If you are indeed a "born and raised Greenville resident (and I am seriously beginning to question that claim)," you would know that the name of the park is Millennium Campus. Where you received your estimated job numbers in that amount of time would be interesting to know as well.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:28 AM

51 posts, read 163,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
If you are indeed a "born and raised Greenville resident (and I am seriously beginning to question that claim)," you would know that the name of the park is Millennium Campus. Where you received your estimated job numbers in that amount of time would be interesting to know as well.
Any chance we may have a troll?

Old 08-09-2007, 09:54 AM

7,987 posts, read 12,145,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkwat View Post
Any chance we may have a troll?
A very good chance.
Let's hope they didn't attend the University of Rochester.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:52 AM

7 posts, read 29,977 times
Besides someone mentioning that they would hit up there contacts with SunTrust and another mentioning the Millennium Campus, did anyone find out if there were some headhunters working the Upstate market? Headhunters are different from the Godshall, Find Good People or One Stop bunch.

When I was looking for work a few months ago, the only thing that I found significant about Millennium Campus was ICAR which is managed out of Clemson. ICAR has the same set up as Monster and CarreerBuilder and probably has droves of people applying which clogs them down. You could apply for job openings with ICAR till the cows come home and will never learn the status of your chances to get interviewed or get a thanks but no thanks reply.

I had a headhunter find me a job when I was living in California. The good thing about having a headhunter is you have representation when it comes to finding a job and the headhunter works for you since they get paid once you are working.

The organizations previously mentioned give the impression that they could care less if they found you a job or not since they are getting paid anyway.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:37 AM

292 posts, read 786,210 times
Headhunters Directory . com - South Carolina - Headhunters / Executive Recruiters - employment agency Directory of employment agencies / headhunters, recruiters, search firms, staffing, and personnel agencies across the USA

that should help....even though this thread is old....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>