U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2007, 06:38 AM

5 posts, read 17,420 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the area in March, 2008. I want to know information on the areas surrounding Spartanburg to help me decide where I should purchase a home. I am single, mid fortys, with a college age daughter. I am looking for an upscale area.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 11:26 AM

26 posts, read 102,134 times
Do you want upscale suburban or upscale city living. For upscale suburban living there's everything from the Carolina Country Club (gated, very private) to a whole host of fine communities particularly on the west side. For upscale city living have you heard of the the Library Commons Condo project downtown? It's a 48 unit project on Broad Street that's approximately 70% complete.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:52 AM

I'm looking for upscale suburban living . I have heard a lot about Boiling Springs. I will be working at the junction of I85 and 26. I'm definitely looking for new / newer houses. Also, I am bringing a travel trailer with me and I'm not sure with these gated communities if they allow you to keep it on your property, until i find a campground.

Thanks for your help
John from Boston

Old 10-25-2007, 12:26 PM

Hello John from Boston...Spartanburg will be a big change for you. For starters, prices of homes and property taxes will be much lower than "Taxachusetts". However, I think if you can accept the slower pace you'll find Spartanburg a great place to live.

Boiling Springs is growing and there's plenty of subdivisions to choose from. I am not terribly familiar with them all and I'm not sure you'll find many that are gated. Woodfin Ridge out Rainbow Lake Road and another one (I can't remember it's name) but its next to the new Wal-Mart on SC-9 come to mind. There's also some nice subs up near Lake Bowen. Whatever you choose, look for mountain views. The Blue Ridge is only 15-20 miles away and they make a nice backdrop to any living room.

Boiling Springs has decent shopping and more is coming. I'd like to see that area get a cinema but that too will be coming I'm sure. The north-south roads are pretty good but the east-west roads (old Furnace) can be curvy and congested at times.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:26 PM

20 posts, read 55,449 times
HI Boston relo! Welcome to Spartanburg. You will find Boiling Springs a great place for you and your daughter. I would suggest you look at WWW.Woodfinridge.com Woodfin ridge is a great neighborhood with several different sections that allow you to choose from different type homes. The web site needs updating but it will give you a snap shot of the neighborhood. You can choose from patio homes, small lot homes, large lot homes, lake front homes (Spartanburg Water Works.com and then Lake Bowen if your intrested) gated and ungated. I know several people who live there and love it. If its not what your looking for, Boiling Springs has scores of other great neighborhoods. Let us know if you would like other suggestions.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:44 AM

Thanks Spartanburg. I will check into those places. If I have anymore questions I will let you know.

Thanks

Old 02-04-2008, 11:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,958 times
2/6/08 Hi! We are moving to Cobbs Creek in Boiling Springs, South Carolina. Any words of wisdom about building a home there? This is the first time we are building and there are so many choices to make!! I've heard Ryan Homes build a nice home. Any comments would be appreciated! Would love to hear about the Spartanburg S.C. area!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindag1234 View Post
2/6/08 Hi! We are moving to Cobbs Creek in Boiling Springs, South Carolina. Any words of wisdom about building a home there? This is the first time we are building and there are so many choices to make!! I've heard Ryan Homes build a nice home. Any comments would be appreciated! Would love to hear about the Spartanburg S.C. area!
Glad you're choosing to grow with Spartanburg! When you get the chance check out some of our new restaurants downtown:

Rock Water Tavern
Mellow Mushroom
Monsoon Noodle House
Lime Leaf Thai Restaurant
Justin's Steak House

Old 02-05-2008, 10:55 AM

2,262 posts, read 3,590,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadsscholar View Post
Glad you're choosing to grow with Spartanburg! When you get the chance check out some of our new restaurants downtown:

Rock Water Tavern
Mellow Mushroom
Monsoon Noodle House
Lime Leaf Thai Restaurant
Justin's Steak House
I need to go hit Mellow Mushroom.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:41 PM

6,725 posts, read 21,432,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
I need to go hit Mellow Mushroom.
For those that don't know Mellow Mushroom is pizza and its great. I wish it were closer to my house though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area