Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2016, 11:05 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times

Advertisements

I recently discovered The Toy Federation, 107 Middleton Way, Unit 11, Greer, South Carolina 29650-1303, through a radio advertisement. It has vintage action figure toys from Marvel, DC, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Power Rangers, etc. It is definitely worth checking out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 01:00 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I recently discovered The Toy Federation, 107 Middleton Way, Unit 11, Greer, South Carolina 29650-1303, through a radio advertisement. It has vintage action figure toys from Marvel, DC, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Power Rangers, etc. It is definitely worth checking out.
My Uncle, who's passed now, had the largest private toy collection. After collecting since he was a 8 years old, once he passed, it ALL went to auction! He had thousands of early lead and composition soldiers of every make and description. My Mom said he kept everything that was bought in a box, in the box. I remember not being able to go down in the basement because it was packed with his collection.

Sounds like a place to check out if you like "vintage" stuff like that!

Old 09-10-2016, 03:17 PM

Noticed the other day a place in DT Greer I hadn't noticed before and decided to go and check it out today. It says Greer Station Depot and the gentleman said they opened in June in what use to be the freight station for the railway. He said they had 7 vendors of home furnishings. Was really nice inside, has antique furniture and other furnishings. He said they had been working on the building since February. They need some type of sign at the street, not easy to see their signage on the bldg or know what the place is about unless you are really looking in that direction, IMHO.

https://www.facebook.com/greerstationdepot/

As I was leaving, I also noticed a business at the end of the strip they were in called Integra Doors, that the make cabinet doors. Has anyone ever used them?

https://www.integradoors.com/home.html

Old 09-11-2016, 08:58 PM

I mentioned that I noticed the Cupcake Castle was closed. Just saw that 2 other places closed. Not sure if anyone reported them previously, or not.

Greer Station Diner becomes 3rd downtown eatery to close within month | GreerToday.com

The Greer Station Diner, previously Southern Thymes Cafe, Rhythms on Trade and the Cupcake Castle have gone out of business. All three have signs on their doors indicating their closings.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:10 PM

Noticed this after I saw the above story. Doesn't deserve it's own thread, but I thought it was worth posting:

City purchases vacant corner lot at West Poinsett and Wade Hampton Blvd. | GreerToday.com

The area has been cleaned up in anticipation of the new canopy lighting project that will stretch to the east and west gateways leading into the city. No decision when the million-dollar project will begin. -

City hangs Christmas decoration today on Wade Hampton Blvd., only to test affect of LED lighting | GreerToday.com

Was wondering why the heck one light was up there!

Old 09-13-2016, 11:18 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Driving home from work last night it looks like someone is taking over the former Papa Murphy's as well as the yogurt place. I could only dare to dream it's going to be Chipotle.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:14 PM

103 posts, read 129,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Driving home from work last night it looks like someone is taking over the former Papa Murphy's as well as the yogurt place. I could only dare to dream it's going to be Chipotle.
Don't go getting me all excited...that happens to be like 2 minutes from my house! Pleaaaaase....

Old 09-13-2016, 06:34 PM

I see that the tactical/gun store on WH next to the QT on 290 has moved their location. Wonder if their departure means anything given that the area by QT has been rumored that Publix was interested in the past, as mentioned long, long ago.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:42 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Blue Ridge Shooting Sports, 1310 West Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greer, South Carolina 29650-1119

Blue Ridge Shooting Sports has relocated to Fork Plaza, 301-E South Buncombe Road, Greer, South Carolina 29650-1207.

Halpern Enterprises, a Publix developer, had an available sign for awhile. The site is under another entity. Halpern Enterprises does not own any parcels in the city of Greer.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:05 AM

148 posts, read 222,146 times
[quote=Sophiasmommy;45468087]Driving home from work last night it looks like someone is taking over the former Papa Murphy's as well as the yogurt place. I could only dare to dream it's going to be Chipotle.[/quote

Which old Papa Murphys location are you talking about? Would it happen to be the one at Cherrydale?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area