Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2013, 01:15 PM

35 posts, read 89,308 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are contemplating a move into the Greenville area towards the end of summer. We're looking into the triangular area between Greenwood, Easley and Greenville itself. I'm trying to get more informatiion on a good place to locate for school purposes. What districts and/or schools come highly recommended? My daughter will start Kindergarten and I have twin boys that are 1.5(so future).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 01:33 PM

141 posts, read 240,693 times
We are moving down the end of summer/early fall as well, so I'd love to hear the responses. I know it can depend on a lot of factors and personal preferences.....personally, I'm just interested in a decent/somewhat above average district, as housing prices will dictate that for our family.

We have a 4 year old and a 1 year old, so our older daughter will start school in the fall of 2014.

From what I've read, I understand people recommend the Powdersville area (Anderson school district maybe?) and Greer. But I'm sure there are lots of other areas that are decent to good, as well.

I'll be watch this post for myself as well! Good luck.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:02 PM

166 posts, read 190,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smills91 View Post
My wife and I are contemplating a move into the Greenville area towards the end of summer. We're looking into the triangular area between Greenwood, Easley and Greenville itself. I'm trying to get more informatiion on a good place to locate for school purposes. What districts and/or schools come highly recommended? My daughter will start Kindergarten and I have twin boys that are 1.5(so future).
I think the Powdersville and Wren schools have a good reputation which are west of Greenville and south of Easley. The north Anderson school district on 81 with T L Hanna high school is a good one too althought that might technically be out of your triangle.

You really can't go wrong with any of the Greenville High schools and their feeder schools in my opinion except maybe the one downtown. I think generally the ones on the Eastside of town including Riverside and Eastside are considered the best.

Keep in mind the schools with lower test scores typically have more students from lower income families who don't try that hard in school and it tends to make the school look worse than it is.

I'm a twin by the way, good luck.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:58 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,849,503 times
academically the vast majority of schools in the upstate register Good or Excellent ratings from the state. with that being said it depends on specifics to be honest. fine arts, music, athletics, theater, tech, etc........ each school / district has something special that sets them apart.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:07 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smills91 View Post
Anderson School District One would fit that definition just about perfectly. Pretty much all of the schools in that school district are good to excellent. Communities include Powdersville, Pelzer, Piedmont (Anderson County side), and WIlliamston. Powdersville doesn't have a zip code so houses there have a Greenville, Easley, or Piedmont mailing address.

School quality in this area varies a lot. Some of the schools in Greenville County are excellent and others are pretty crummy. I don't know much about schools in Greenwood. I have heard that schools in the Belton area are also good but don't have any personal experience.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:13 PM

27 posts, read 59,661 times
We are moving in 3 weeks and couldn't be more excited! After lots and lots of research, schools being our biggest priority, we settled on Powdersville. We had narrowed it down to either Greer or Powdersville and Powdersville won for us because it had more of what we are looking for. Hopefully we made the right decision, I will let you know this fall when my kids start school!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area