Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 04:14 PM

24 posts, read 48,502 times

Advertisements

If there is any chance to relocate from Ft Lauderdale Fl, which should I choose Greenville or Columbia? for a family with 2 children ( 8 & 3).. good schools and nice neighborhoods. Or any other area around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 04:22 PM

425 posts, read 631,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master007 View Post
If there is any chance to relocate from Ft Lauderdale Fl, which should I choose Greenville or Columbia? for a family with 2 children ( 8 & 3).. good schools and nice neighborhoods. Or any other area around?
what is your occupation? You can't go wrong with either one, really. Decent schools is most the SC towns.
Greenville is closer to mountains, Columbia 1.5 hour closer to the beach and it has a huge lake right there.

Florence SC and Aiken SC are two other gems in the state if you prefer more small town easy living.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:53 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
I have lived in both cities. I moved back home to Greenville from Columbia. That was a hot, dusty and awful place to live. Move to Greenville.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:56 PM

374 posts, read 833,700 times
Talking Without a doubt......Greenville.

From FL.....Have lived in Greenville 22 yrs. It's all about location. Columbia doesn't compare A-Z as far as I'm concerned.

Note: Not a PC poster.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
I have lived in both cities. I moved back home to Greenville from Columbia. That was a hot, dusty and awful place to live. Move to Greenville.
Weather isn't much different. Might cool down a little more at night in Greenville but also gets little colder there in winter.

You can't go wrong with either. Some people like this guy just like being closer to the mountains. I'd say the wooded neighborhood's in the Conley Mill area near Lake Murray in Lexington beat anything in Greenville as far as subdivisions go.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallaboutyou View Post
From FL.....Have lived in Greenville 22 yrs. It's all about location. Columbia doesn't compare A-Z as far as I'm concerned.

Note: Not a PC poster.
Columbia is much closer to Mrytle Beach, Charleston, and Charlotte. Greenville doesn't win on location unless by location you mean closer to mountains.

This person might also want to be closer to Florence, the true gem of South Carolina, and Columbia puts him 1 hour away.

Here is an image of Florence that tends to seal the deal: http://www.cityofflorence.com/www/im...f.jpg?sfvrsn=0

This is a picture of West Florence High School. That is the school that molded me into the intellectual that I am today

Last edited by ClemsonTiger45; 06-27-2013 at 05:16 PM..

Old 06-27-2013, 05:13 PM

374 posts, read 833,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger45 View Post
Columbia is much closer to Mrytle Beach, Charleston, and Charlotte. It doesn't win on location unless by locaton you mean closer to mountains.
And that's fine with the resident local yokels that base/budget their annual trip solely on the above locations.......

Old 06-27-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallaboutyou View Post
And that's fine with the resident local yokels that base/budget their annual trip solely on the above locations.......

if the guy lives in Florida, maybe he enjoys the beach. Unless you hike a lot there is really no reason why greenville is better than columbia, if jobs isn't an issue. it's not like you are in the mountains there. outside of the view going up over Haywood road toward wade hampton, or paris mountain, it is about as flat as Columbia. Columbia actually got more rolling hills than Greenville across the board.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:27 PM

24 posts, read 48,502 times
thanks guys.. We want something quiet and nice to raise our kids. The company that I work for is Publix, I'am a Bakery Manager and I have the chance to relocate either Columbia, Greenville, Or Fort Mill, close to Charlotte, since they are opening new stores. We want a quiet place, low delinquency, and grate schools for the kids...what about utilities?? and other expenses.... Thanks for your advice

Old 06-27-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master007 View Post
thanks guys.. We want something quiet and nice to raise our kids. The company that I work for is Publix, I'am a Bakery Manager and I have the chance to relocate either Columbia, Greenville, Or Fort Mill, close to Charlotte, since they are opening new stores. We want a quiet place, low delinquency, and grate schools for the kids...what about utilities?? and other expenses.... Thanks for your advice
All these places have what you want based on that criteria. I don't know much about Fort Mill but it is much smaller than other two places, if you prefer a smaller area. But it is a bedroom community for the Charlotte area.

what kind of hobbies/interests do you have outside of work? I could tell you better where to go based on that, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area