Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2013, 07:46 PM

271 posts, read 796,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I do not know how much longer that Rite Aid store will remain open given several stores closing three years ago. Walgreen's and CVS are not much better. Publix has a good pharmacy, usually rated #1 in customer satisfaction when compared to Kroger, Target and other pharmacy chains.

Speaking about gas prices, do not go to Marathaon on Pelham Road between I-85 and Garlington Road. If they are pricing 87 regular unleaded at $3.219/gallon and Stop-a-Minut a block away is pricing at $3.049/gallon, Marathon should get a friendly visit from the state attorney general's office about price gouging.

That's not really price gouging. That occurs when you have something that no one else can get, but everyone needs (water and gas in South Florida just after a hurricane hits comes to mind). You raise the prices astronomically because people have no choice but to pay. The fact that the junky Marathon is higher priced on their gas is just an indication of a stupid business owner. I mean, I guess they get out of towners who jump off the interstate for gas, and who do not know a block down the road it would be much cheaper (and that is still not price gouging, because though the out of towners didn't know they could get it cheaper, the fact is they had options). But honestly, what local would stop there for any reason? It's over priced, it's junky...nothing appealing about that place at all when there are other options within a mile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 08:34 PM

180 posts, read 341,378 times
Looks like the McWillie Properties has sold land for a new Apartment Complex to be built. This is great for Five Forks because there are not apartments yet on this part of woodruff road.
Source:http://mcwillieproperties.com/Websit...es/lotimg1.jpg

Last edited by Sillymiller123; 12-18-2013 at 08:47 PM..

Old 12-19-2013, 02:44 PM

34 posts, read 111,135 times
Me want Fresh Market near Five Forks.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:29 PM

Zoning signs taken down along woodruff at five forks. Does anyone know more details regarding this development? Also, I am hearing more rumors about a possible QT being built in Five Forks.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:53 AM

825 posts, read 1,124,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillymiller123 View Post
Zoning signs taken down along woodruff at five forks. Does anyone know more details regarding this development? Also, I am hearing more rumors about a possible QT being built in Five Forks.
I believe the zoning is being changed to allow for townhomes or duplexes to be constructed. Right now I think it is zoned for single family houses. Not a commercial development.

As for QT, I have heard the rumors too, but nothing confirmed. My guess if they were to come in it would be to the land next to CVS that recently went up for sale. Other option would be behind Walgreens, but I would think they would want to be Woodruff itself. I suppose they could also buy out an existing station. All three seem to do steady enough business, but QT would be stiff competition, so it wouldn't surprise me if threat itself could cause someone cash out. Probably not the Spinx, but I could see the Marathon or Citgo selling out.

I think QT would do booming business at Hwy 14 and Woodruff, but there really isn't much land around there that is available.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:11 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
I believe the zoning is being changed to allow for townhomes or duplexes to be constructed. Right now I think it is zoned for single family houses. Not a commercial development.

As for QT, I have heard the rumors too, but nothing confirmed. My guess if they were to come in it would be to the land next to CVS that recently went up for sale. Other option would be behind Walgreens, but I would think they would want to be Woodruff itself. I suppose they could also buy out an existing station. All three seem to do steady enough business, but QT would be stiff competition, so it wouldn't surprise me if threat itself could cause someone cash out. Probably not the Spinx, but I could see the Marathon or Citgo selling out.

I think QT would do booming business at Hwy 14 and Woodruff, but there really isn't much land around there that is available.

Buying out another station doesn't seem to be their MO. They have been building everything from the ground up here and don't seem to be in to making over another companies mess. They could always do a tear down though.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:55 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Multi-family.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:07 PM

It looks like some equipment is on the land between Firestone and joy of Tokyo in five forks. Any news if there is construction planned?

Old 04-04-2014, 10:41 PM

503 posts, read 692,469 times
Quote:
It looks like some equipment is on the land between Firestone and joy of Tokyo in five forks. Any news if there is construction planned?
I'm sure its just more stupid office parks. We cant seem to get anything nice in five forks.

Last edited by Coastermaster83; 04-04-2014 at 11:35 PM..

Old 04-17-2014, 10:49 AM

Looks like rezoning signs are up again at land across from five forks plantation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area