Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:02 AM

97 posts, read 183,021 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. Looking for recommendations on decent but affordable hotels. What areas should I avoid (unsafe, dirty, etc.) I will arriving on Saturday so need info asap. Thank you all so much for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 08:06 AM

245 posts, read 319,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmover View Post
Hey everyone. Looking for recommendations on decent but affordable hotels. What areas should I avoid (unsafe, dirty, etc.) I will arriving on Saturday so need info asap. Thank you all so much for your input.
the La Quinta Inn off Woodruff and I-85 is preobably the best low budget hotel there. the wifi connection doesn't always work or is real slow at times.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:08 AM

723 posts, read 1,149,524 times
You didn't happen to mention what part of the city you would be visiting or how you would be traveling. Assuming you are traveling by motor vehicle, I recommend the Sleep Inn at the TD Convention Center, 231 N. Pleasantburg Drive. The neighborhood is decent, the hotel is clean and it's convenient to most parts of the city, including downtown. You should be able to get a room for around $65 a night.

The La Quinta mentioned above is also a good value and is located in the midst of a number of good dining choices, but the interchange with the Interstate is complex and confusing if you aren't familiar with it, and the traffic in the area can be a real headache. The room rate there probably will be in the range of about $69 per night.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:15 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
The LaQuinta is a good choice. We've stayed at the one off Haywood. We also just stayed in the Extended Stay off Woods Lake Rd in Greenville and were very pleased with it. You can go on hotwire.com and get a good deal on it. We paid $45/night. The best thing to do is to pay attention to the reviews and that will help you pick something that is good.

Last edited by beckycat; 08-01-2013 at 02:26 PM..

Old 08-01-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
The LaQuinta is a good choice. We've stayed at the one off Haywood. We also just stayed in the Extended Stay off Woods Lake Rd in Greenville and were very pleased with it. You can go on hotwire.com and get a good deal on it. We paid $45/night. The best thing to do is to pay attention to the reviews and that will help you pick something that is good.
the La Quinta on Haywood is an Inn and Suites which is more upscale and will cost more.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:16 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDew2013 View Post
the La Quinta on Haywood is an Inn and Suites which is more upscale and will cost more.
Yes it does.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:00 AM

347 posts, read 980,298 times
The LaQuinta on Haywood is where I refer friends and business guests of ours if they're staying in town for more than a few days. I feel it gives them easy access to all parts of town, and it's just a few miles from where I live. Plus it's nice, comfortable, clean, and has breakfast.
I had some friends stay at the LaQuinta on Woodruff for a day or two and they liked it. It was easy for them to find and walk to food and entertainment on their own. I don't know if it's as nice as the one on Haywood, as I've never been inside.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:17 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
Default La Quinta in Greenville

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleEllyn View Post
The LaQuinta on Haywood is where I refer friends and business guests of ours if they're staying in town for more than a few days. I feel it gives them easy access to all parts of town, and it's just a few miles from where I live. Plus it's nice, comfortable, clean, and has breakfast.
I had some friends stay at the LaQuinta on Woodruff for a day or two and they liked it. It was easy for them to find and walk to food and entertainment on their own. I don't know if it's as nice as the one on Haywood, as I've never been inside.
We've stayed at both and much prefer the La Quinta on Haywood. It's much nicer and quieter. Also, I felt safer in that hotel than the one on Woodruff.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:22 AM

the la quinta on woodruff used to be a Days Inn I think. It has the room doors that open to the outside of the building. if you need reliable WiFi don't stay at that one.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:14 AM

97 posts, read 183,021 times
Thank you all. I think we may go with The Value Place.....there are 3 in the area....Greenville, Simpsonville and Spartanburg. They are all built within the last few years, affordable, clean and have good reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area