Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 08:53 AM

21,021 posts, read 27,245,104 times

Advertisements

I rarely go to Greer to dine. I would like to know more about its dining options and spotlight new eateries opening.

International House of Pancakes will be opening at Suber Commons (West Wade Hampton Boulevard and North Suber Road) in mid-March.

IHOP opening is planned for March | GreerToday.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 09:31 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,378,718 times
You started a thread about dining in Greer. In my opinion, IHOP does not belong in a discussion about dining destinations unless you like generic national chains such as Waffle/Huddle House and Applebee's. Greer is home to a decent variety of nice local restaurants, including (but not limited to) the following:
  • Bin112
  • The Strip Club 104
  • Rivera's
  • Great Bay Oyster House
  • The Cazbah
  • Wild Ace Pizza & Pub
  • The Mason Jar
  • Stomping Grounds
  • Southern Thymes

Old 12-26-2013, 09:52 AM

423 posts, read 898,954 times
I would also recommend DellaVentura's Pizzeria www.dellaventuras.com . They have the best lasagna I've eaten anywhere. Their pizza is delicious also. The portions are generous and the prices are very reasonable. The owner always speaks to everyone and thanks them for coming.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:48 AM

21,021 posts, read 27,245,104 times
I have never tried Wild Ace Pizza & Pub yet. I do know they intend to relocate from their existing Trade Street location to Depot Street.

I have tried Mimi's Steak House of Japan and Gerard's (defunct).

Old 12-27-2013, 06:26 AM

8 posts, read 30,592 times
When we were there visiting, we ate at
Mutt's BBQ...amazing!! $8.99 all you can eat!

Old 12-27-2013, 09:14 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,182,251 times
Cazbah in Greer is closed.

Personally I havent found many great places in Greer to eat, which is sad since I would like to support local businesses as much as possible. My fav restaurant went belly up (Flounder Bar & Grill) and I do wish for a place similar around here.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:37 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,759,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Cazbah in Greer is closed.

Personally I havent found many great places in Greer to eat, which is sad since I would like to support local businesses as much as possible. My fav restaurant went belly up (Flounder Bar & Grill) and I do wish for a place similar around here.
Have you tried any of the places listed by Skyliner? I have not heard anyone say anything bad about BIN112 or the Strip Club.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:29 PM

896 posts, read 1,140,071 times
[quote=Eldemila;32763147]Cazbah in Greer is closed.

Personally I havent found many great places in Greer to eat, which is sad since I would like to support local businesses as much as possible. My fav restaurant went belly up (Flounder Bar & Grill) and I do wish for a place similar around here.[/quote/].

Have you tried Strip Club? It is wonderful, imo.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:48 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,811,786 times
For the record, since it is in Greer, I thought I would share my experience at the recently-opened Marmalade restaurant on Poinsett today.

Since there is a shortage of good breakfast places in the area, I was so looking forward to trying this place, and the menu sounded wonderful. Our experience, however, was not.

First of all, there was hardly anyone there, but we (two of us) were seated at a table for four that was right next to a doorway into the next room. I sat in the corner to avoid having to have a waiter possibly brush past me, only to find my chair much lower than the table due to a slant in the floor. I relocated to the other side of the table. No problem, though there would have been if there had been four people.

Both my friend and I ordered Swedish crepes with Lingonberries as neither of us had had them for a very long time. What we expected was crepes perhaps sprinkled with powdered sugar and Lingonberries in a sauce spooned over the top. That didn't happen. What we got was very thin crepes with scoops of butter with a few berries mixed into it. The crepes were cold, so the butter wouldn't even melt enough to easily spread it around. When I said something, the waiter apologized, but I said I would eat them anyway as I didn't see what they could possibly do to fix them. They came with a choice of bacon, ham or sausage. I had the sausage, and it was good, as was the coffee (though the waiter never asked if I wanted a refill).

The waiter was very prompt to bring us the check too, never even asking if we wanted anything else.

I'm crosing Marmalade off my list and won't waste my time and money giving them a second chance.

I also don't know why they are a cash-only restaurant. Not a problem as I had cash, but there were other customers there that had to leave and go to an ATM. That in addition to the poor food and service is not going to serve them well, I fear.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:47 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
As I stated last month, we went to Strip Club 104 for our anniversary, and despite it's stupid attempt at a bad pun, it was amazing; as good as Soby's, High Cotton, etc. Georges Lebanese/Italian was fantastic when it was called Rolled Pita in it's former location, better than Pita House, but he made a HUGE mistake by buying the old Capri's. Oh, well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area