Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 11:36 AM

6,888 posts, read 22,427,970 times

Advertisements

I don't think anyone has posted that the remodel of the Mauldin store has begun. I witnessed shelving or something sitting outside the store last week and this week they have replaced the red flashing with white flashing on the building. Excited; hope they add more freezer space like our Publix has! They have also repaved and painted the parking lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 01:05 PM

461 posts, read 979,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I don't think anyone has posted that the remodel of the Mauldin store has begun. I witnessed shelving or something sitting outside the store last week and this week they have replaced the red flashing with white flashing on the building. Excited; hope they add more freezer space like our Publix has! They have also repaved and painted the parking lot!
If they can't improve their stocking practices, it won't make a difference to me. Every time I attempt to shop there, I find numerous items on the shelves that are expired. I'm not talking perishables either, dry goods and the like. The fact that a box of pasta has like a 2 year shelf life tells me enough.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:23 PM

9,362 posts, read 9,653,376 times
Walmart's Neighborhood Market will give Ingles a run for their money if they don't turn around the stores in our area. Mauldin is a step in the right direction. Simpsonville needs to be next or relocate for more space.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:56 PM

21,003 posts, read 26,997,468 times
Default Ingle's Markets #42, Whatley Square, 116 West Butler Road, Mauldin, SC 29662-2535

Quote:
Ingle's Markets is remodeling store #42 to the current layout of identical store #24, 863 Brevard Road, Asheville, NC 28806-2205.

Pharmacy permits for stores #42, #16 (426 South Main Street, Belton, SC 29627-1524), #56 (1503 North Main Street, Abbeville, SC 29620-1633) and #240 (2404 North Highway 81, Anderson, SC 29621-2505) are yet to be issued as their pharmacies will be opening soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanigan911 View Post
If they can't improve their stocking practices, it won't make a difference to me. Every time I attempt to shop there, I find numerous items on the shelves that are expired. I'm not talking perishables either, dry goods and the like. The fact that a box of pasta has like a 2 year shelf life tells me enough.
If Ingle's has more grocery stock clerks to replenish items and rotate stock, the store would not be losing money on expiring inventory. Retailers have a perpetual need for stock clerks. No one is interested in the line of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Walmart's Neighborhood Market will give Ingles a run for their money if they don't turn around the stores in our area. Mauldin is a step in the right direction. Simpsonville needs to be next or relocate for more space.
You will see competitors to Walmart Neighborhood Market step it up or close stores. Ingle's is stepping it up improving existing stores, relocating/replacing stores, and adding stores.

Stores #29 (7616 Augusta Road, Piedmont, SC 29673-9652) and #41 (Fairview Station, 621 Fairview Road, Simpsonville, SC 29680-7501) are likely to get replacements. Simpsonville can easily support a additional store each from Ingle's and Publix with infilling growth along West Georgia Road and East Georgia Road/Lee Vaughn Road (South Carolina 417).

Old 08-08-2014, 10:34 PM

I take back what I said about the parking lot being repaved. I don't think they did anything but a top coat and paint, after driving it today! Saw a big pot hole on the entrance between Little Pigs and the bank today.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:55 AM

Can I ask a favor? I was told Ingles was going to carry my favorite Chicago pizza in the frozen section. I've been checking Mauldin but haven't seen it there. I hope that is because the frozen section is jam packed and there is no room. Would someone be willing to check if other stores carry Vito & Nick's II frozen pizza? I will travel but not too far, please, I hope! TIA

Old 08-13-2014, 06:43 PM

Default Ingle's Markets #42, Whatley Square, 116 West Butler Road, Mauldin, SC 29662-2535

Quote:
I take back what I said about the parking lot being repaved. I don't think they did anything but a top coat and paint, after driving it today! Saw a big pot hole on the entrance between Little Pigs and the bank today.
Ingle's Markets #42's remodeling is very early in the process.

The "Deli Bakery" signage outside on the left side of the store has been removed. This will be replaced with "Fresh Foods".

The aisles have been divided except for frozen foods and renumbered.

The wine aisle has been relocated to where the video department was previously. The floor for the section has been changed from tile to hardwood.

Usually the pharmacy department will go in where the video department was located. The pharmacy at store #24, #24, 863 Brevard Road, Asheville, NC 28806-2205, an identical store to store #42, is located in the middle of the store next to frozen foods. Perhaps the location of the pharmacy at store #42 is different from what I have observed at other stores.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:06 AM

Default Ingle's Markets #148, 2130 East Main Street, Lincolnton, North Carolina 28092-3921

Ingle's Markets opened store #148, located at 2130 East Main Street, Lincolnton, North Carolina 28092-3921, yesterday. It would be the chain's 202nd store, consisisting of 193 Ingle's stores and nine Sav Mor stores.

The Gaston Gazette had an article on Ingle's Markets #148's opening yesterday along with some photographs inside the new store. The photographs depict how new stores will look like going forward.

One photograph showed a significant change in Ingle's checkout stands. In most Ingle's stores, you would pull your shopping cart up to the checkout stand, the cashier takes an item out of the cart, scans it, and pushes it down to the bagging station. These checkout stands have no belt drives. Harris Teeter and very few Bi-Lo stores have similar checkout stands with a conveyor belt from the scanner to the bagging station. Ingle's #148 is different as it has the checkout stand where you take your items out of your cart to place on the belt driven to the cashier to be scanned, then placed on a second belt after scanning to the bagging station. I do not know if Ingle's may go with these new checkout stands moving forward, or continue to use their traditional checkout stands.

Ingle's #148 is 79,000 square feet in size on a 17-acre site. This is identical to store #133 in Mills River, North Carolina. I wonder if this will be the size of land Ingle's seeks to build new similar sized stores.

Ingle's #148 has a drive through pharmacy, Starbucks Coffee, and a 16-pump fuel center.

Further reading:

Old 09-26-2014, 04:15 PM

5,125 posts, read 7,249,271 times
That large new Ingle's in Lincolnton looks very nice. But I can't help but wonder if that cartoonish corporate logo shouldn't by now be updated with something a bit more stylish and sophisticated. Looks very outdated and 1970's style rather than sleek and modern. They have had that same logo for years.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:44 PM

4,558 posts, read 5,911,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
That large new Ingle's in Lincolnton looks very nice. But I can't help but wonder if that cartoonish corporate logo shouldn't by now be updated with something a bit more stylish and sophisticated. Looks very outdated and 1970's style rather than sleek and modern. They have had that same logo for years.
That new store looks similar to what Publix is doing especially the picture of the deli façade. I have noticed Ingles is gradually updating their private label Laura Lynn products logo and packaging. It looks very Harris Teeterish and much better. Not so dated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area