Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 09:09 PM

21,003 posts, read 26,987,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
That large new Ingle's in Lincolnton looks very nice. But I can't help but wonder if that cartoonish corporate logo shouldn't by now be updated with something a bit more stylish and sophisticated. Looks very outdated and 1970's style rather than sleek and modern. They have had that same logo for years.
Ingle's has altered its logo, or the "G" specifically, on mostly everything. The old "G" is still used on buildings and marquees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 09:43 AM

Default Ingle's Markets #148, 2130 East Main Street, Lincolnton, North Carolina 28092-3921

Lincoln Herald had an article in regards to Ingle's Markets #148's grand opening also. The article's photos give a better look around the store.

New Ingle's stores have an extensive beer and wine section including craft and imported beers and the notable walk-in beer coolers.

The store features an I Market gas station. All Ingle's stores in South Carolina, including the three Anderson stores that received gas stations recently, have Ingle's Gas Express. I Market should make its way into new South Carolina stores.

Ingle's new stores are definitely excellent. The success of stores #133 (Mills River, North Carolina) and #148 set the standard of new stores going forward.

Further reading:
Howard, Wayne. "Ingle's Opens in Lincolnton." Lincoln Herald. 2014-09-25. Retrieved 2014-09-27. <http://lincolnherald.net/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=8540&SectionID=3&SubSe ctionID=181&S=1>

Old 09-28-2014, 09:50 AM

183 posts, read 301,456 times
Wow, I work in Lincolnton every few days or so. I really love that little town for some reason. Kinda weird to have something on the greenville forum about it. This is way nicer than the Bi-Lo they have but the Bi-Lo shopping center has much better retail attached to it. Zipper's biker restaurant, at&t, GNC, Great Clips, Subway, H&R Block, Tractor Supply and a Ross Dress for Less is going into the old Wal-Mart location they abandoned after they moved across the street. Lincolnton is awesome, people are really cool, down to earth, friendly but sometimes I don't think they realize how good they have it. The locals make a lot of jokes at their own expense. Many people are moving there that work in Charlotte since it's affordable and close. Median household income is $53,000 which is pretty high for an area on the edge of being considered WNC. I predict a lot of new development there as Charlotte gets bigger and bigger.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:56 PM

Default Ingle's Markets #148, 2130 East Main Street, Lincolnton, North Carolina 28092-3921

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNY2GRNVL View Post
Wow, I work in Lincolnton every few days or so. I really love that little town for some reason. Kinda weird to have something on the greenville forum about it.
The mention of Ingle's Markets #148 is to gain ideas what to expect in the chain's new stores going forward. These new stores have many positives. It will be exciting to see them open as additional stores or replacement stores when Ingle's takes the leap to invest in the region/market.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:20 PM

5,124 posts, read 7,244,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNY2GRNVL View Post
Wow, I work in Lincolnton every few days or so. I really love that little town for some reason. Kinda weird to have something on the greenville forum about it. This is way nicer than the Bi-Lo they have but the Bi-Lo shopping center has much better retail attached to it. Zipper's biker restaurant, at&t, GNC, Great Clips, Subway, H&R Block, Tractor Supply and a Ross Dress for Less is going into the old Wal-Mart location they abandoned after they moved across the street. Lincolnton is awesome, people are really cool, down to earth, friendly but sometimes I don't think they realize how good they have it. The locals make a lot of jokes at their own expense. Many people are moving there that work in Charlotte since it's affordable and close. Median household income is $53,000 which is pretty high for an area on the edge of being considered WNC. I predict a lot of new development there as Charlotte gets bigger and bigger.
Lincolnton is a nice town that is on the edge of Western NC. But it is still classified as Charlotte market. But it would definitely would be nice to to see on of those nice big new Ingle's here in Upstate SC.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:37 AM

23,809 posts, read 34,424,526 times
Quote:
Lincolnton is a nice town that is on the edge of Western NC. But it is still classified as Charlotte market. But it would definitely would be nice to to see on of those nice big new Ingle's here in Upstate SC.
At the time of his death, Bob Ingle was about to build the Lincolnton store & was looking for properties in Gastonia & Belmont. that seems to have been abandoned by Bob II. He's just gotten around to building the Lincolnton store. Bob II may have a plan, but it isn't obvious. For instance, there's an Ingles in Morganton, & another in Statesville, but none in Hickory. There's a huh??? factor to some of their logistics in NC as well as SC.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:39 PM

5,124 posts, read 7,244,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
At the time of his death, Bob Ingle was about to build the Lincolnton store & was looking for properties in Gastonia & Belmont. that seems to have been abandoned by Bob II. He's just gotten around to building the Lincolnton store. Bob II may have a plan, but it isn't obvious. For instance, there's an Ingles in Morganton, & another in Statesville, but none in Hickory. There's a huh??? factor to some of their logistics in NC as well as SC.
They could be logistics regarding locations could be in response to what Harris Teeter and Publix may be doing.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Quote:
They could be logistics regarding locations could be in response to what Harris Teeter and Publix may be doing.
Ingle's Markets has legitimate reasons for slowing down the opening of additional and replacement stores.

Robert Pierce Ingle's passing in 2011 may have created some uncertainty of the future of the chain. It has continued to perform very well.

The Black Mountain, North Carolina distribution center completed its expansion in 2012. Additional room allows the facility to carry more items for 202 stores, and possibly support additional new stores. The expenses for the distribution center's expansion slowed down investment and improvements in new and existing stores.

The competition has changed significantly as specific chains grow and others close their doors. Ingle's looks to remain competitive and grow with caution.

The two newest stores, #133 (Mills River, North Carolina) and #148 (Lincolnton, North Carolina), are the new standard stores Ingle's are going with moving forward. If conditions are favorable, Ingle's will replace older stores and add stores.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:00 AM

11,689 posts, read 24,640,598 times
I used to shop at Ingles and Bilo. Then I discovered Publix.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:48 AM

65 posts, read 115,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I used to shop at Ingles and Bilo. Then I discovered Publix.
This. Ingles is a decent grocery store and leagues above Bilo. However, I have found that Publix has the best selection of items among the typical grocery stores in the area. There are some things I have to go to Whole Foods or online to find (bulk products, fresh-ground peanut butter), but Publix has our weekly necessities.

Bilo is lacking in many ways. One anecdotal example is the tea selection at Bilo. Try buying anything other than black tea or a small subset of herbal and spiced teas at Bilo. It's quite difficult. I don't even think Bilo sells Earl Grey Tea. Maybe that's different, but a couple years ago I looked for it and they didn't sell it. Had to buy it at Ingles. I'm not sure how Bilo expects to compete with Walmart as Bilo's product selection isn't much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area