U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 10:07 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,599,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolstuckinNC View Post
"With the expansion in the three Anderson stores, the only stores in the chain without fuel outlets are those in Belton, Piedmont, Powdersville, Pickens, West Union and Toccoa."

Unless they have built a LOT of gas stations in a short time, that part of the article seems incorrect.
Yeah I thought that was odd too until I noticed the reporter was from The Anderson Independent and article was reposted in The State regional coverage. I think he was just including stores in the Independent coverage area. There are a few in Greenville County I can think of that don't have fuel centers yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 11:24 PM

6,846 posts, read 22,121,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Yeah I thought that was odd too until I noticed the reporter was from The Anderson Independent and article was reposted in The State regional coverage. I think he was just including stores in the Independent coverage area. There are a few in Greenville County I can think of that don't have fuel centers yet.
Mauldin is one of them! We could use some more competition on this side of town. Prices came down a little when QT opened. If Ingles adds gas here, it will come down a little more.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:55 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,150,562 times
Quote:
They left out Westminster but included West Union that is further away. The wording says the entire chain. I just think it's an obvious error by the writer.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:16 PM

20,947 posts, read 26,212,515 times
Default Ingle's Markets stores 29, 41, 42, 69, 74 and 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
A Ingles would be great near BMW and the new Bass Pro Shop
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Mauldin is one of them! We could use some more competition on this side of town. Prices came down a little when QT opened. If Ingles adds gas here, it will come down a little more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolstuckinNC View Post
They left out Westminster but included West Union that is further away. The wording says the entire chain. I just think it's an obvious error by the writer.
Greenville County Ingle's Markets without fuel:
29 - 7616 Augusta Road, Piedmont
41 - 621 Fairview Road, Simpsonville
42 - Whatley Square; 116 West Butler Road, Mauldin
69 - Cherrydale Point; 1500 Poinsett Highway, Greenville
74 - 6605 White Horse Road; Greenville

I do not know if store 69 has room in the parking lot to accommodate a fuel center with other tenants in Cherrydale Point.

Stores 42 and 74 in their eventual replacements will have fuel centers.

Store 253, Westminister, was previously Winn Dixie store 1220. It was a Marketplace store that closed in 2005 when they left the area. This was the only store in South Carolina Ingle's Markets acquired. It reopened months later. The pharmacy department is yet to reopen.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:48 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,540,589 times
Maybe a small fuel center at the Ingles at CherryDale Point

Old 05-08-2014, 03:54 PM

20,947 posts, read 26,212,515 times
Default Ingle's Markets stores 15, 16 and 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
Maybe a small fuel center at the Ingles at CherryDale Point
A fuel center is possible. If one were to be added, it would be near the entrance at Chick-fil-A.

I uncovered an article in the Hendersonville Times-News from 1971 of Ingle's Markets opening store 18 in Burnsville, North Carolina. In the article, it mentioned the first two stores that opened in South Carolina, store 15 in Gaffney and store 16 in Belton.

The first store 15 in Gaffney was located on West Floyd Baker Boulevard (South Carolina 11) at Gettys Drive. It was replaced by the existing store 15 at Peachtree Marketplace with Belk, Lowe's and Olive Garden. The old store is occupied by Goodwill and Dollar General adjacent to Tractor Supply Company.

The first store 16 in Belton was located on South Main Street (United States 76/United States 178) in Belton City. It was replaced in 1994 by the new freestanding store 16. The old store is occupied by Kimbrell's Furniture.

The new store 16 does have room for a fuel center. It could be beside McDonald's along South Main Street or behind it. No fuel center has been announced yet. A video department remains listed on the store details page at Ingle's Markets site; however, video departments are being replaced with pharmacies across most locations.

The Motley Fool had an article on Ingle's Markets in February regarding possible growth. With activities in Bi-Lo/Winn Dixie, Kroger, Publix and Walmart, they may be making moves.

Lewis, Michael. "Is Ingles Headed Back Toward Growth?" The Motley Fool. 2014-02-10. The Motley Fool. 2014-05-07. <http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/10/is-ingles-headed-back-toward-growth.aspx>

Old 05-08-2014, 08:52 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,540,589 times
Ok cool

Old 05-08-2014, 09:45 PM

6,846 posts, read 22,121,441 times
Slightly off topic possibly; Ingles today announced the weekly ad will begin on Wednesday starting May 28th. Always struck me weird that they didn't follow the same schedule as other stores in the area.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Slightly off topic possibly; Ingles today announced the weekly ad will begin on Wednesday starting May 28th. Always struck me weird that they didn't follow the same schedule as other stores in the area.
Kroger did the same thing for its SE Division earlier this year. Ingles competes against them in some burbs of Atlanta, N Georgia and Eastern Tenn. Sounds like they followed their lead. Wonder why grocers run Wed-Tues rather than Sun-Sat like the drug stores and big boxes? Found this article that explains some of the reasons

http://couponsinthenews.com/2014/02/...pers-routines/

Old 05-09-2014, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
A fuel center is possible. If one were to be added, it would be near the entrance at Chick-fil-A.

The Motley Fool had an article on Ingle's Markets in February regarding possible growth. With activities in Bi-Lo/Winn Dixie, Kroger, Publix and Walmart, they may be making moves.

Lewis, Michael. "Is Ingles Headed Back Toward Growth?" The Motley Fool. 2014-02-10. The Motley Fool. 2014-05-07. <http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/10/is-ingles-headed-back-toward-growth.aspx>
That is a massive parking lot in front of Ingles at Cherrydale. Much of it is not used especially the part next to Poinsett Hwy near the signalized entrance beside Jack/Box. I have always thought there was room there for a small outparcel building with several small shops/restaurants or an Ingles fuel center.

North Carolina is home to three growing grocery chains - Ingles(Black Mountain), Lowes Foods(Winston Salem) and Harris Teeter (Charlotte). That seems unusual these days with national players like Walmart and on-going consolidation among the grocery chains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area