Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 05:36 PM

4 posts, read 22,908 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are interested in finding a planned community in or near Greenville, SC. We visited a planned community near Wilmington, NC called Brunswick Forest and we really liked it. However, we feel that Greenville would be a better fit for us because it is closer to the mountains and also because the city is a little larger with more to do. Does anybody know of any planned communities in the Greenville area that would offer single family homes at or below $325,000? A golf course is not a must but a fitness center and a community center plus walking/bike riding trails are something we would want. We would prefer a community that is not restricted to +55 but would consider it if we liked it enough. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 05:46 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Check out Verdae: Verdae along with Acadia: Homes for Sale Greenville South Carolina | Greenville Homes

Old 12-29-2012, 06:00 PM

179 posts, read 328,879 times
Yea Verdae would be the best pick. It within 3 minutes of woodruff shops and the mall, 10 minutes from downtown and it has a YMCA on site. There's a Golf course across the road as well.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:58 PM

60 posts, read 132,260 times
Carillon in North Greenville is beautiful.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:50 AM

4 posts, read 22,908 times
All of these communities look very nice and we will be looking at all 3. Thank you for the responses!

Old 02-19-2013, 07:15 AM

56 posts, read 108,428 times
Can you please provide zip code for these areas. I do would be interested. Thanks

Old 02-19-2013, 07:34 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,103,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejoejo55 View Post
My husband and I are interested in finding a planned community in or near Greenville, SC.
A golf course is not a must but a fitness center and a community center plus walking/bike riding trails are something we would want. We would prefer a community that is not restricted to +55 but would consider it if we liked it enough. Thank you!
"Gardening is the new Golf", so I wonder if there are any communities which include an agricultural element?

Old 02-19-2013, 07:36 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,103,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I checked out Verdae when I was last in Greenville,
and like much of what I saw, but they are a bit short on walkability - not dense enough,
and the concept of living carfree is beyond their understanding

Old 02-20-2013, 06:29 AM

131 posts, read 214,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
I checked out Verdae when I was last in Greenville,
and like much of what I saw, but they are a bit short on walkability - not dense enough,
and the concept of living carfree is beyond their understanding
Actually, Verdae is all for car free living but they are still in the early stages of development. Once it is complete, they plan for it to be a live/work/play neighborhood. They are also in favor of converting the old railroad bed adjacent to the site to a multi-use trail or a BRT route. Just give them time.

But you really need to get off this carfree kick you are on. It is not going to work in Greenville for a long time, if ever. So if that is what you are looking for in a new place to live, try Atlanta or Charlotte.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:06 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,869,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenvilleEngineer View Post
Actually, Verdae is all for car free living but they are still in the early stages of development. Once it is complete, they plan for it to be a live/work/play neighborhood. They are also in favor of converting the old railroad bed adjacent to the site to a multi-use trail or a BRT route. Just give them time.

But you really need to get off this carfree kick you are on. It is not going to work in Greenville for a long time, if ever. So if that is what you are looking for in a new place to live, try Atlanta or Charlotte.
Thanks for answering this better than I could, GreenvilleEngineer. It is plenty dense for me, and my family and I look forward to walking to the Y and the park for now and hopefully a cafe and shops in the near future. We looked at some developments in Simpsonville and thought it was the very definition of sprawl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area