Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,870,460 times

Advertisements

This just looks like any suburban mall; there is no comparison to North Hills in Raleigh in either the layout or the types of stores. North Hills has a lot of small boutique-type stores. Ruvidu is correct; these do all look like one-stop stores. A bit disappointing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 07:47 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
This just looks like any suburban mall; there is no comparison to North Hills in Raleigh in either the layout or the types of stores. North Hills has a lot of small boutique-type stores. Ruvidu is correct; these do all look like one-stop stores. A bit disappointing.
I agree. What I was trying to say is that something like North Hills is what I would have LIKED to have seen there instead of what this has turned into. And North Hills still is anchored by Target, a national hotel chain, a national movie chain, Omega sports, and I think a Total Wine? And then it was filled in with smaller restaurants and boutique stores around there.

This development has just turned into nothing but disorganized big box stores (and boring ones too) sharing a large parking lot.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:54 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,870,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
I agree. What I was trying to say is that something like North Hills is what I would have LIKED to have seen there instead of what this has turned into. And North Hills still is anchored by Target, a national hotel chain, a national movie chain, Omega sports, and I think a Total Wine? And then it was filled in with smaller restaurants and boutique stores around there.

This development has just turned into nothing but disorganized big box stores (and boring ones too) sharing a large parking lot.
Agreed; on the website the artist's rendering makes it look just like North Hills; that would have been so nice. Now it looks like Crossroads in Cary, a place I avoid at all costs. Guess my husband and I will be going to Costco and then going home.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:00 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quite sad what has happened with Magnolia, considering that at one time many of the recent stores that have opened in Greenville were actually in lease negotiations with Magnolia (Menin)....
Trader Joes - went across the street
Anthropologie - went downtown
Apple - went to Haywood
Forever 21 - now going to Haywood
Chipotle - went to The Point
REI - went to The Point

Menin really did a poor job of pulling this together, though Cabela's is a win.

Oh, and BigRedBeth....I agree about North Hills. Love what they did with an old mall site. Great shopping area now!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:07 AM

Cabela's is probably a "win" for Greenville as a whole for people that will use it but it also kind of feels like the last puzzle piece in driving Magnolia away from what it could have been

Old 01-17-2013, 09:11 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Cabela's is probably a "win" for Greenville as a whole for people that will use it but it also kind of feels like the last puzzle piece in driving Magnolia away from what it could have been
Agreed. Bittersweet.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:30 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Sports Authority closing February 23rd.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
YUCK: Site Plan at Magnolia Park in Greenville, SC The town center is GONE. Way to screw up a potentially good development Menin.
Awful awful, awful. Plus, now I don't even see Dave and Busters anymore.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:50 PM

D&Bs is still off to the right of the movie theater.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:59 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
D&Bs is still off to the right of the movie theater.
Oh, okay, I see it now. It's to the left of the theater though, our right. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area