Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2007, 02:44 PM

12 posts, read 86,280 times

Advertisements

I have been researching Southern cities for quite some time now, and recently found Greenville. It looks perfect for our needs. We're a mature couple looking to eventually retire in the area. We have always preferred
"down-town" living. It's great to be able to walk to Main Street and all of the restaurants, shops, etc. We also want something small and older - we love the character that older homes offer and we actually enjoy remodeling. 2 bedroom "bungalows" would be perfect for us. Having said all of this, what area, or streets, would some of you recommend? It's possible we may not be able to get to the area before we buy something and I'll need to rely on word-of-mouth and opinion. Thanks to all who respond!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 04:52 PM

5 posts, read 12,713 times
My husband and I had the same idea, but downtown living is scarce, not really abundant, other than condo living. There are some homes in the West End (but it will take another 5-10 years for that area to be developed). We have set out sites on Carillion/Furman areas. About 5-7 miles outside of the downtown. Good luck.
donna

Old 01-21-2008, 05:03 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
Try one of the first three places listed here: Destination Downtown (http://www.greatergreenville.com/enews/destinationdowntown/march06.htm - broken link) The website for McBee Station is: http://www.mcbee-station.com/ However, the website seems to be down currently.

Here are some pics of McBee Station to give you an idea of what it looks like:
Tenant upfits-

Apartments-

Shops/condos-

Last edited by g-man430; 01-21-2008 at 05:14 PM..

Old 01-21-2008, 05:43 PM

4 posts, read 17,907 times
Smile A little off topic but....

Hey G-Man do you happen to know what the apartments in McBee Station are going to be going for a month? Their website didn't say last time I checked. Just wondering if they are reasonable for my price range for the future possibly. They look lovely. I drove by them today. Thanks!!

Old 01-25-2008, 11:04 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamayq View Post
I have been researching Southern cities for quite some time now, and recently found Greenville. It looks perfect for our needs. We're a mature couple looking to eventually retire in the area. We have always preferred
"down-town" living. It's great to be able to walk to Main Street and all of the restaurants, shops, etc. We also want something small and older - we love the character that older homes offer and we actually enjoy remodeling. 2 bedroom "bungalows" would be perfect for us. Having said all of this, what area, or streets, would some of you recommend? It's possible we may not be able to get to the area before we buy something and I'll need to rely on word-of-mouth and opinion. Thanks to all who respond!
Mc Daniel and Cresent area are nice, they are near downtown and there is a Great new publix with new shops on the way!

Old 01-26-2008, 12:41 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivorluvr33 View Post
Hey G-Man do you happen to know what the apartments in McBee Station are going to be going for a month? Their website didn't say last time I checked. Just wondering if they are reasonable for my price range for the future possibly. They look lovely. I drove by them today. Thanks!!
I have no idea unfortunately. The only thing I can think of doing is filling out the request form listed here: McBee Station (http://www.mcbee-station.com/request.htm - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area