Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2014, 09:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,081 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to Greenville or Greer from Jacksonville Fl do to my husbands job, he is a truck driver and it is not to friendly down here for him. I also not to happy with living in city this big and unsafe. My children can not always go outside even though we live in a safer neighborhood. Even though I looked on line I am having hard time finding info on the school systems and things in that nature that is needed to know about moving. If anyone can show me any websites that will help me it would be appreciated. Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 10:01 AM

45 posts, read 50,809 times
Mama, Here iis link to Greenville County schools: Welcome to Greenville County Schools Online

You could also consider Anderson County schools in Powdersville area, which feed into Powdersville High and Wren High. Somebody else can help you with that link.

Eastside, Riverside, Wade Hampton, Greer are the 4 high schools in the Greenville/Greer/Taylors area.

Mauldin/Hillcrest/J Mann are decent high schools too in the Mauldin and SImpsonville areas.
Make sure you check out the roads in the metro real good before moving here. Some say they are horrible and dangerous. They seem ok to me but I grew up in humble poor town that still had some dirt roads. lol

Old 11-09-2014, 12:59 PM

271 posts, read 798,293 times
While I don't have any links, we also moved from Jacksonville, (though we spent a year in Asheville before coming to Greenville). I think you will find that Greenville is a HUGE life improvement compared to Jax. People are more friendly. Seriously, you will be taken aback for the first few months on how friendly the people are...it will surprise you! You will feel much safer. The crime here is NOTHING like it is in Jax...where even the nice neighborhoods don't feel safe because the crime is rampant there. You know that feeling you have in Jax...where you always need to be looking over your shoulder...that feeling will eventually melt away here in Greenville. Yes, it's still 2014 here and things happen, and you need to always be aware of your surroundings...but not to the extent of that always-creepy feeling that you could be attacked like one gets in Jax. All of the schools are are much better than in Jax too.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:18 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,850,433 times
If your husband has at least two years OTR driving, he can apply for a local job at Benore Logistics.

Benore Logistics

Benore supplies mostly BMW, but also does other places in the area. I have two friends that work there. They get a lot of hours 60-70 a week, but they are home at night. Benore is located at 2501 S Carolina 101, Greer, SC 29651.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area