Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 06:44 AM

80 posts, read 114,774 times

Advertisements

Moving to Simpsonville in Dec and had an idea for a Christmas gift for my wife, but I need some help since I don't know the area. I would like to give her a "Date" box with 12 envelopes, one for each month, each having a different date in it. I would prefer that she could just randomly pick one each month, so I can't do seasonal things like going to certain festivals or activities. I thought I had enough game to figure this out on my own lol, but once I ruled out setting them up for each month, I got stuck! All help and suggestions are appreciated!

So for example, one idea was to put a restaurant gift card and two movie tickets in the envelope. Another was a Dave and Buster's gift card. Since we are new to the area, I thought I could do better with some help!

So who wants to help me look like an awesome husband??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 12:09 PM

77 posts, read 110,705 times
I would be very pleased if my awesome husband got me tickets to the Peace Center downtown, peacecenter.org.

Another idea, a hike at Paris Mountain or Table Rock with a picnic lunch. Or, a day in Brevard, aka "land of waterfalls".

Old 11-17-2014, 12:37 PM

Maybe I need to change it to a specified date each month. Then I could buy tickets for something at the Peace Center and plan weather appropriate dates.

Thanks for the suggestions rrb2011!

Old 11-17-2014, 12:42 PM

Any bad seats at the Peace Center?

Old 11-17-2014, 12:44 PM

690 posts, read 1,148,830 times
Definitely add Brevard. I used to live there and we journey there every year in the Fall. Add Blue Ridge Parkway to this as well.

Peace Center is a big win.
Bon Secours Wellness Arena for any upcoming big concerts/events
White Water rafting off any of the rivers in the area - Chattooga, Ocoee, Green River, French Broad
Day trip to Biltmore Mansion (spring!)
Day trip to Columbia Riverbanks garden - gorgeous garden area on the river
Nice dinner/breakfast date to Tupelo Honey, downtown g'ville
Hiking at Jones Gap State Park
Picnic at Bald Rock or Pretty Place

Old 11-17-2014, 01:25 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,104,910 times
How cool is that? Check Groupon, Livingsocial, dealchciken, and dealcatcher. Lots of great ideas. (massages, haircut/color, nails, tubing, getaways and more) Also, they have horse drawn Carriage rides indowntown that would be cool. There is also ice skating in downtown at this time of the year. The zoo.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:39 PM

632 posts, read 750,458 times
Downtown carriage ride with a stop at her favorite eatery.
Segway Tour from Greenville Glide, near the Hyatt
Hot air ballooning adventure, do a dawn flight and catch the sunrise from a different perspective.
Bed and Breakfast get away at one of the many available within 100 miles
The Great Smokey Mountain Railroad does special dinner rides including a "who dunit" mystery dinner excursion
Flatrock theater is always a great evening

Old 11-17-2014, 01:41 PM

Becky appaerntly beat me to the corral for the carriage ride.... LOL

Old 11-17-2014, 02:06 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,104,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedge1 View Post
Becky appaerntly beat me to the corral for the carriage ride.... LOL
LOL, I saw you posted and thought to myself, I wonder what Cedge will have to say. I know sometimes your mind likes to wander. I was thinking you would come up with some romantic place that no one else know about.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:03 AM

LOL... so how did I do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area