Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 05:50 PM

26 posts, read 32,393 times

Advertisements

Hi! my fiancé and I ill be relocating from NY to the Greenville SC area. we would like to be close to the amenities of Greenville but still staying outside the city for lower rental prices. Having some restaurants, grocery stores close by is important as well. We are in our late twenties and hoping to find work in Greenville in the restaurant industry. Any advice on which area would be best for us? Mauldin keeps sticking out to us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 08:02 PM

Or what would be a good spot to rent for 3-6 months while looking at our options

Old 04-02-2015, 08:55 PM

226 posts, read 368,987 times
Mauldin and Greer are both nice, but check the Taylors area as well. We rented for 6 months there (The Granite at Taylors) and it is closer than Greer to downtown Greenville which we liked. All three areas have plenty of stores and necessities (pharmacies, urgent care, anything you need really) nearby.

What is your budget? A lot of times people on here can recommend different complexes and property management companies to check out based on that, all over the area. Also, if you see any places that you want more info on (how safe it is, what grocery stores are nearby, what restaurants are nearby, etc) just ask and usually someone will be happy to help!

Good luck! We moved here last year and love it!

Old 04-03-2015, 11:20 AM

that's great to hear! where were you moving from? we would like to be under 1,000 for a 2br

Old 04-03-2015, 12:24 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,207 times
There are places for rent in Greer right downtown above some of the businesses. Worth looking into if you would like easy 60 second walkability for coffee, bars, blues, shops, city park, and great dining. It's also like 1/4 mile from the Wade Hampton shopping strip for groceries, etc. Greer is like a micro downtown filled with a lot of hidden gems, and non stop free outdoor and community events all summer long. German fests, free outdoor movies, rib burn offs, etc. Right down the road from the airport and I85 also. Exactly 10 miles up the road from Greenville, making it a short jaunt down the road to get there. Housing costs are about 50% or less than Greenville, since Greer doesn't carry that G-ville designer label.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:28 AM

152 posts, read 247,352 times
Would you know of, townhouse development in or near Greer. Rental, also
with small yard for small
dog.
Thanks!
You can direct mess.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:20 AM

3 posts, read 3,590 times
Smile Mauldin vs Greer

Hi New Yorkers:

Consider Mauldin, SC over Greer, SC any time. Mauldin is a nice community, and everything
you need (grocery stores, doctors, eateries, homes, apartments (both rentals and sales)
are right here. Mauldin is 6 miles south of Greenville proper and about 5 miles north of
Simpsonville. We have good roads, and are close to all of the Interstate Highways....

My wife and I have lived here for the last 11 years. We love it. It is a very friendly community.
We moved here in 2004 from Florida.

From Mauldin, downtown Greenville is very easy to get to....only takes a few minutes.
We are also close to the Mall on Haywood Av, The Motor Mile on Laurens Road. Mauldin is
very well positioned geographically and much closer to Greenville than Greer.

You would love it here!

I hope this helps......

Old 04-13-2015, 09:56 PM

thanks for the response! and yes it does help! Are you familiar with Ashmore Bridge Estates townhome complex off w butler road? We are considering renting here for 6months-year

Old 04-14-2015, 12:34 PM

53 posts, read 62,446 times
I second someone that mentioned Taylors. Wade Hampton Blvd is so great to live next to. I can't comment on Mauldin much but the one time I drove thru I sat thru a ton of traffic. It was rush hour, but having 3 lanes each way with a center truning lane in Taylors is perfect. Plus you are right in between Greenville/Greer and closer to mountains if you are into that. SO many people I know that live in Greer wish they were closer to GVille.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:39 PM

Did you feel the Granite at Taylors was a safe area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area