Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 08:44 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
If you're looking for the tourists, all you have to do is look downtown. It is packed out. O o
Yeah. The few who can afford the highway robbery hotel rates going on DT. Was on Laurens Rd earlier no traffic around. Really dead. Where are all the tens of thousands of people that were supposed to be flooding in the last few days according to the media?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 10:03 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Yeah. The few who can afford the highway robbery hotel rates going on DT. Was on Laurens Rd earlier no traffic around. Really dead. Where are all the tens of thousands of people that were supposed to be flooding in the last few days according to the media?
How is it highway robbery if people are willing to pay it? Why would the tourists be on Laurens Road? There's nothing on that road that warrants them being there unless they're looking to buy a new car. Lol.

If tens of thousands of people don't come then good. Means less traffic I have to deal with going to and from work.

Last edited by g-man430; 08-20-2017 at 10:14 PM..

Old 08-21-2017, 05:07 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Looking at the live traffic map on Waze.com https://www.waze.com/livemap

There is a lot of traffic moving from Denver towards Wyoming this morning. It's about 5 AM there now.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
How is it highway robbery if people are willing to pay it? Why would the tourists be on Laurens Road? There's nothing on that road that warrants them being there unless they're looking to buy a new car. Lol.

If tens of thousands of people don't come then good. Means less traffic I have to deal with going to and from work.

It was more of a joke.
I know. Its supply and demand. If people want to pay three times the normal rate for one night then let them pay it. Id personally rather have a week at the beach if I'm going to spend that much money.

My point was the traffic on Laurens or Haywood last night or any other major road if all of a sudden a half million to a million or more (like some were predicting flooding in to town) then there would be cars and gridlock traffic all over town on every road. Not everyone would be DT.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:27 AM

7,258 posts, read 4,624,529 times
Imo if we saw a visible uptick in traffic it would be throughout the day...people could easily make this a day trip into Greenville area from Atlanta or elsewhere, or people head up i26 from the coast if they get more clouds.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:16 AM

Wonder how many times the Beatles "Here comes the Sun" will be played today especially as the sun starts to reappear at events like Fluor Field?

"Total Eclipse of the Heart" as well.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:17 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Waze is reporting heavy traffic on I-85 SB. People stuck in traffic are making comments that this is mostly Eclipse traffic.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:53 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,441,774 times
Managed to get my girlfriend to come from the coast. Shes on 85 now, hasnt made any comments on traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
Imo if we saw a visible uptick in traffic it would be throughout the day...people could easily make this a day trip into Greenville area from Atlanta or elsewhere, or people head up i26 from the coast if they get more clouds.
That doesnt sound so feasible. The eclipse will be here, then will be in Charleston a minute later. I'd rather stay on the beach or lake and deal with possible clouds than be caught on 26 with it coming over.

I think the noticable traffic will be around the cities as everyones having events. The highways should be fine. Think we got a little overzealous.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:19 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
The Roper Mtn Rd exit off 385 is a cluster-eff.

Backed up nearly to I-85. Looks like everyone is going right, so I would assume they're all trying to get to the Roper Mtn Science Center. turning left off the interstate at the exit is no problem.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:00 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
Has anybody been to Falls Park or Main Street today? I am wondering how crowded it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area