Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 09:37 AM

143 posts, read 217,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'm already hating the traffic situation, especially if you live south of the shopping center going down Harrison Bridge.

The entrance/exit on the south side is very busy. With cars trying to turn left coming from Fairview. Cars coming across from Target and cars trying to turn left out of the center, with no signal light. It will only get worse as restaurants start to fill the center.

The Publix store though is nice, bright, clean and modern. Seems like they have hired more workers as things seem to move quickly during our visit last Friday.

But I will probably avoid the store and shop elsewhere, due to the difficult and dangerous traffic issues there.
I have been by there about every other day or so. No problems getting in or out. I don’t do BiLos so it is my only option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 05:29 AM

143 posts, read 217,989 times
Got the word from the developer that Tipsy Taco is going in beside the Publix. It has been rumored but now confirmed.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:36 AM

453 posts, read 646,280 times
That is fantastic news. Thanks for the confirmation!

Old 11-25-2017, 04:03 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Signage up for Americas Best Eyeglasses. Could tell if they were open, was busy fighting traffic.

Old 11-25-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Signage up for Americas Best Eyeglasses.
...and those bright blue letters are kind of an eyesore...not all that great a fit for that farmhouse-inspired aesthetic.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:15 PM

503 posts, read 692,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
...and those bright blue letters are kind of an eyesore...not all that great a fit for that farmhouse-inspired aesthetic.
It made me sick to see that prime corner spot wasted on another stupid eye glass place, They are almost getting as bad as mattress firms and walk in dental clinics.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:18 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
I love the new store!

Old 11-28-2017, 09:56 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
It made me sick to see that prime corner spot wasted on another stupid eye glass place, They are almost getting as bad as mattress firms and walk in dental clinics.
That would have been a great place for a nice restaurant.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:08 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I love the new store!
Do you have experience buying from America's Best? We normally get ours from Costco and been happy with the prescription and price of frames (or contacts).

Clark Howard rated America's Best as the worst 3:

Quote:
Here’s a rundown of the Top 10 best places to buy eyeglasses:

Costco Optical
Independent eyeglass shop
Warby Parker
Private doctor’s office
ZenniOptical.com
Kaiser Permanente
Opticare Eye Health & Vision Centers
Eyebuydirect.com
Sam’s Club Optical
Walmart Vision Center
Another notable entry was 39dollarglasses.com in 12th place.

The three worst places to get eyeglasses included SVS Vision, America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses and GlassesUSA.com!
Reading some reviews, it appears to be YMMV sort of thing. Reviews for Costco eye wear are typically more positive.

10 best places to get a deal on eyeglasses | Clark Howard

Old 11-30-2017, 11:44 AM

C'est la vie Nail Salon is opening next to America's Best. I have to admit that I was hoping for something more exciting than yoga, nails, and budget eyeglasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area