Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 09:45 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Disappointing but not surprising, considering how Grand Central has shaken out so far. With an Applebee's, O'Charley's, and Ruby Tuesday already on / barely off Fairview Rd., it feels like that sort of restaurant is already pretty well covered, and I would've loved to have seen something more interesting.

Oh well. Hopefully Tipsy Taco can find their way into Simpsonville somewhere.
Actually Chili's is my preferred of the 4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 04:55 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Not surprising. This will probably be the last nail in the coffin for the Ruby Tuesdays on Grandview. If the Applebees doesn't step up and get better in customer service, they could be in trouble as well.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:29 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Not surprising. This will probably be the last nail in the coffin for the Ruby Tuesdays on Grandview. If the Applebees doesn't step up and get better in customer service, they could be in trouble as well.
I agree. Those two probably benefit just a little from being so visible from 385 by folks traveling through.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:09 AM

5,491 posts, read 8,323,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
That Ruby Tuesdays has gone down hill. I'm not sure what happened. The chairs are so loose, they seem unsafe to sit on. I hope they get back to where they were.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:42 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRE View Post
That Ruby Tuesdays has gone down hill. I'm not sure what happened. The chairs are so loose, they seem unsafe to sit on. I hope they get back to where they were.
Management!

Old 02-02-2018, 08:42 AM

477 posts, read 841,133 times
Btw, how badly can you plan the entrances for a project like this? I am close to avoiding this place just because of how badly they "developed" this. Good luck turning onto Harrison Bridge from the Publix parking lot.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:06 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Default Chili's Grill and Bar #1596, Grand Central at Martin Farms, Simpsonville, South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Chili’s is going into the outparcel at Harrison Bridge and Fairview.
Bids for the construction of Chili's Grill and Bar #1596 are due Tuesday, 6 February.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:04 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Disappointing but not surprising, considering how Grand Central has shaken out so far. With an Applebee's, O'Charley's, and Ruby Tuesday already on / barely off Fairview Rd., it feels like that sort of restaurant is already pretty well covered, and I would've loved to have seen something more interesting.

Oh well. Hopefully Tipsy Taco can find their way into Simpsonville somewhere.
All they are missing now is a TGI Friday's. But it does seem like the casual dining sector is significantly covered in that Fairview Rd. trade area. And possibly a weaker participant may be forced to withdraw unless they step up their act, as in the case of Ruby Tuesday. They used to be much better quality, and the salad bar was much better. But that goes back to when they were originally owned by Morrison's Cafeteria, and the food quality was much better. Everything on that salad bar used to be made fresh daily, in house. Now it all comes prepackaged in a bag. But perhaps quality may improve, as Ruby Tuesday was just acquired by the same Atlanta based private equity firm that also now owns the iconic Frisch's Big Boy brand in Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana. In the past year they have upgraded and revitalized that famous Frisch's franchise. Now if they could just bring a Big Boy franchise back to the Southeast to replace the declining Shoney's former franchise. Would be nice indeed to see something different. But I would also be happy with a Culver's over there.

But the notable Frisch's distinction is they are know for using a famous tartar sauce on the classic Big Boy burger, whereas formerly Shoney's and the Michigan Big Boy locations use 1000 Island sauce. And in California, Bob's Big Boy uses a red relish sauce along with mayonaise. I would be happy with any of the above choices, as they are all good.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:28 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
All they are missing now is a TGI Friday's. But it does seem like the casual dining sector is significantly covered in that Fairview Rd. trade area. And possibly a weaker participant may be forced to withdraw unless they step up their act, as in the case of Ruby Tuesday. They used to be much better quality, and the salad bar was much better. But that goes back to when they were originally owned by Morrison's Cafeteria, and the food quality was much better. Everything on that salad bar used to be made fresh daily, in house. Now it all comes prepackaged in a bag. But perhaps quality may improve, as Ruby Tuesday was just acquired by the same Atlanta based private equity firm that also now owns the iconic Frisch's Big Boy brand in Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana. In the past year they have upgraded and revitalized that famous Frisch's franchise. Now if they could just bring a Big Boy franchise back to the Southeast to replace the declining Shoney's former franchise. Would be nice indeed to see something different. But I would also be happy with a Culver's over there.
I'm with you with having something different. An Uno's Pizza would be great, there is one in Lexington. Besides pizza, they have pasta, burgers, steaks...etc... https://www.unos.com/menus/

Also another Culver's location here would be perfect.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:25 PM

503 posts, read 693,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'm with you with having something different. An Uno's Pizza would be great, there is one in Lexington. Besides pizza, they have pasta, burgers, steaks...etc... https://www.unos.com/menus/

Also another Culver's location here would be perfect.
I'd love to see a blaze pizza in this area, We had one in TN when I lived there and I loved it. I miss it so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area