Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 05:27 PM

11,689 posts, read 24,653,561 times

Advertisements

The Kmart in Mauldin was packed when I went there earlier. I only live five minutes from the place so it’s sad to see it go. Maybe Walmart will put a store in its place. There are none nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 03:24 AM

21,004 posts, read 27,005,798 times
If Walmart should have opened a store in Mauldin, it should have opened a Walmart Supercenter hypermarket years ago on West Butler Road west of Ashmore Bridge Road.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:26 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,915,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
If Walmart should have opened a store in Mauldin, it should have opened a Walmart Supercenter hypermarket years ago on West Butler Road west of Ashmore Bridge Road.
Mauldin's Walmart is on Woodruff Rd. Go down Butler and hang a left. Lol.

IMO the main Mauldin area has the problem of being surrounded by larger and better shopping destinations like Haywood, Woodruff Rd and Simpsonville. It's not really high on people's list of shopping destinations for people that live a little further outside the area. I think that's why they will not attract much to that empty Kmart but a few neighborhood type retailers.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:59 AM

9,362 posts, read 9,659,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Mauldin's Walmart is on Woodruff Rd. Go down Butler and hang a left. Lol.

IMO the main Mauldin area has the problem of being surrounded by larger and better shopping destinations like Haywood, Woodruff Rd and Simpsonville. It's not really high on people's list of shopping destinations for people that live a little further outside the area. I think that's why they will not attract much to that empty Kmart but a few neighborhood type retailers.
That's a good point. If you live outside of Mauldin, there is no reason to go to Mauldin for shopping. There isn't that much dining either. Mauldin is just a pass through to get to somewhere else.

Mauldin needs to do something to draw in retailers that are not close by.

How would it benefit Wal-Mart to put a store in Mauldin Square? It would mostly be used by Mauldin residents. I don't think there would be enough traffic for the store to make a profit.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:22 PM

446 posts, read 408,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
That's a good point. If you live outside of Mauldin, there is no reason to go to Mauldin for shopping. There isn't that much dining either. Mauldin is just a pass through to get to somewhere else.

How would it benefit Wal-Mart to put a store in Mauldin Square? It would mostly be used by Mauldin residents. I don't think there would be enough traffic for the store to make a profit.
I think there would be enough traffic for a Neighborhood Market. I mean I didn't know there was one of those on Georgia Road not that far from the Walmart Supercenter in Simpsonville. There's three other supermarkets in that same area but I have no doubt it would pull plenty of traffic away from them. Of course, Mauldin Square may have some kind of contract with Publix to not have another grocer anyway.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:21 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,258,237 times
Quote:

They built a small Supercenter in Powdersville that is only 6 miles from the larger store in Easley. The only mistake they made was not building a larger store in Powdersville. There is a big enough market in Mauldin to support another Walmart Supercenter, which would also draw traffic from the area west of there out near Moonville that doesn't have much in the way of shopping options.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:12 AM

9,362 posts, read 9,659,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
They built a small Supercenter in Powdersville that is only 6 miles from the larger store in Easley. The only mistake they made was not building a larger store in Powdersville. There is a big enough market in Mauldin to support another Walmart Supercenter, which would also draw traffic from the area west of there out near Moonville that doesn't have much in the way of shopping options.
The Simpsonville Walmart would swallow up the entire Mauldin Square and still need more room (Publix to Kmart).

Woodruff Rd Walmart is 4 miles away, Simpsonville 6 miles.

Old 10-24-2018, 12:27 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,915,442 times
Quote:
The Simpsonville Walmart would swallow up the entire Mauldin Square and still need more room (Publix to Kmart).

Woodruff Rd Walmart is 4 miles away, Simpsonville 6 miles.
Never hear of Walmart taking over any of these Sears Holdings/Kmart properties anywhere. They don't want to get involved in Sears real estate mess.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:05 AM

56 posts, read 56,767 times
I go to Walmart when they have something that no one else has, which is rare. I avoid stores with rancid meat, moldy vegetables, and churlish employees, all of which Walmart excels in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area