Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 11:51 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,195,531 times

Advertisements

This thread is just for Lidl items you have purchased, or want to know info on for a possible future purchase.

These are a few things I found that I liked and will look for whenever I go to Lidl next.

I never buy vanilla yogurt but was intrigued by the Icelandic Style yogurt they had and decided to try that...love it! Very, very thick.

Really liked their Caramel Dark Chocolate bar. Not gooey caramel, but chips of caramel in dark chocolate.

Great multi seeded roll from the bakery. Lots of seed on top, bottom has sunflower seeds. Very tasty.

Sliced Muenster cheese was really good, not sure what makes it better than a national brand I bought recently, but it was.

Their Bellona hazelnut and chocolate wafers candy. If you like Kinder Buenos this is very close to same taste. Individually wrapped. KB is one of my favorites!

I still have a few things I bought to try, but those items would be once in a blue moon item purchases, (like wine) and not something I'd repeat buy each time if they had it.

Would love to know what others have bought there that was something they'd definitely buy again, as well as something you thought was just awful and wouldn't buy again, at any price.

Thanks in advance for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 04:52 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,876,122 times
I bought organic cheese pizza and chicken enchiladas for my son, and he said both were excellent.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
I bought organic cheese pizza and chicken enchiladas for my son, and he said both were excellent.
I'll have to try the chicken enchiladas.

Thanks for your input!

Old 06-25-2017, 06:28 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,095,943 times
So far I bought produce (watermelon and carrots) and boneless chicken. All were fresh and good.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:29 AM

557 posts, read 865,996 times
My family and I shopped the new store on Wade Hampton and was not that impressed. We basically shopped the outer parts of the store and left with only a handful of items that were okay at best. I wish they would sell food and drink only and stop selling all the junk they sell in the middle of the store. They would be able to add more options for food and drink. Bathing suits?

Old 06-26-2017, 06:02 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,876,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCainJr View Post
My family and I shopped the new store on Wade Hampton and was not that impressed. We basically shopped the outer parts of the store and left with only a handful of items that were okay at best. I wish they would sell food and drink only and stop selling all the junk they sell in the middle of the store. They would be able to add more options for food and drink. Bathing suits?
I love the Aldi "finds" and enjoy the Lidl ones as well. My husband is going to get flip flops there this week. But as I said before, Aldi is much more convenient for me, so I don't see myself going out of the way for Lidl, as I do not consume anything in the store beyond what is in the outer aisles in either one.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:23 AM

If they built a Lidl near the Aldi in Greer I would shop both, same for TJ's. I buy the same things from Aldis every week with slight variations to what's on sale in produce and special buys (food wise). TJ's I can count on both hands what I buy there when I go, it's not much. If closer I'd buy the items more often, but would still be the same stuff. I either buy a few of whatever it is to have on hand. Same situation at Sams...I could do without that card, but BF wanted to get it. I get 4-5 items there, at best, gas being one of them. I have to be going to Woodruff for a good reason, like Dr appt, to go there. Nothing I buy is a weekly needed item from those places. Aldi's, yes, there are things I get weekly from there that I eat daily. Thsnkfully, its so close to me!

I want to try the feta that's on sale at Lidl this week. I have 2 packs of Bulgarian feta now, so hope theirs has a long shelf life, and is good!!

Old 06-26-2017, 01:00 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,719,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
This thread is just for Lidl items you have purchased, or want to know info on for a possible future purchase.

These are a few things I found that I liked and will look for whenever I go to Lidl next.

I never buy vanilla yogurt but was intrigued by the Icelandic Style yogurt they had and decided to try that...love it! Very, very thick.

Really liked their Caramel Dark Chocolate bar. Not gooey caramel, but chips of caramel in dark chocolate.

Great multi seeded roll from the bakery. Lots of seed on top, bottom has sunflower seeds. Very tasty.

Sliced Muenster cheese was really good, not sure what makes it better than a national brand I bought recently, but it was.

Their Bellona hazelnut and chocolate wafers candy. If you like Kinder Buenos this is very close to same taste. Individually wrapped. KB is one of my favorites!

I still have a few things I bought to try, but those items would be once in a blue moon item purchases, (like wine) and not something I'd repeat buy each time if they had it.

Would love to know what others have bought there that was something they'd definitely buy again, as well as something you thought was just awful and wouldn't buy again, at any price.

Thanks in advance for any input!
+5

Thanks for this thread. I'm almost patiently waiting for the Gastonia &/or Shelby Lidls to open, probably in July or August. Is the Icelandic yogurt regular stock or a weekly special?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the result of the Aldi remodel.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
+5

Thanks for this thread. I'm almost patiently waiting for the Gastonia &/or Shelby Lidls to open, probably in July or August. Is the Icelandic yogurt regular stock or a weekly special?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the result of the Aldi remodel.
Gosh, I hope its not a special purchase! I hate when I really like something and its one of those "Now you see it, now you don't!" products!
Attached Thumbnails
What Lidl Products Do You Like/Dislike??-img_20170626_164329_burst_01.jpg  

Old 06-26-2017, 04:44 PM

387 posts, read 331,806 times
Enjoyed both the Greek and Icelandic yogurt, was disappointed by the quality of the baked goods that looked so good but didn't measure up. The baked goods sure were cheap though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area