Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:09 PM

354 posts, read 1,077,606 times

Advertisements

Hey there........

Just wondering if anyone could give me some information about the new development in Piedmont called "Acadia".

-How far of a drive is it from Greenville?
-What is the road like on the drive in? (double lane? single? country road?)
-Has there been much progress in the construction?

It is suposed to be a master planned community like Verdae is going to be from what I understand. I'm wondering until that happens......how "cut-off" from civilization are you out there? Are there many neigbourhoods, drugstores, grocery stores, etc along the way or do you have to go to Simpsonville or Greenville?

I've never been to Greenville so forgive me if any of these questions sound "odd". I'm trying to get a feel for the area in Piedmont. I think I have a good understanding of what the city of Greenville is all about.....and I'm sold! haha. Acadia really intrigues me though and I'm very interested in learning more about it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 11:35 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
Acadia

Masterplanned. Will contain everything from shops to homes to a church. 700 homes when complete. 10-15 minutes from downtown Greenville. Road is two lanes. Not really country due to several new subdivisions going up in the area. No more than 5-10 minutes from grocery and drug stores. Pics below show progress of construction. It's located in an area called Powdersville, which is growing extremely fast. It's also the same area I live in. Just north of Acadia the road turns to 4-lanes and it crosses I-85. After that you have shopping and food. For real shopping though, you'll have to go a little further north to Easley. Just south of Acadia it crosses I-185/Southern Connector which becomes a toll heading south but is free heading north into downtown.

Sign-

Vehicle-

Coming soon-

Riverhouse-

Walking/bike path-

The Pavilion-

Southern Connector toll road/booth from the Pavilion-

Homes-

Last edited by g-man430; 03-23-2008 at 11:58 PM..

Old 03-24-2008, 12:04 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
Wow.......you are fast!! and pictures to boot!! haha
What a God send you are!

That really helps me out a lot! Now I have general idea what to expect.

What is that Toll Highway near the Pavillon? Is the development right off of the Highway?

In your opinion.....does this look like it's going to be a nice community? How do you like living in that area yourself?

Old 03-24-2008, 12:36 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
^^Very nice area and even better community. I love leaving here. It's not rural but it also isn't urban. It's pretty much right in the middle. However, in the near future it will become more urban due to the explosive growth the area is currently experiencing. The Riverhouse shown in the pics is located directly next to the Saluda River, which is a plus. The toll highway next to the Pavilion is the Southern Connector: Southern Connector Toll Road - Home Page North of Highway 153 there is no toll. Only south of it. Acadia is located just off Highway 153 between Interstate 85 and the Southern Connector. Less than a mile from I-85 and a half mile from the Southern Connector. Exit 12 is where Acadia is located off the Southern Connector and exit 40 for Interstate 85: Map Lucky for you, the Southern Connector doesn't get much traffic due to it being a toll and going through mostly rural areas between Powdersville and Simpsonville. Should be easy to sleep at night. I-85 on the other hand is a totally different story, but it's far enough away where you won't be able to hear the vehicles while in your home. Another very nice community being built right next to Acadia is the River Reserve: The River Reserve is a Private Gated Riverfront Community located in beautiful Upstate, South Carolina.

Last edited by g-man430; 03-24-2008 at 12:48 AM..

Old 03-24-2008, 04:15 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,449 times
Default Acadia

Great Job G-man. I work in the area and have friends and family living in Powdersville as well. Everyone I know loves it. I went to the open house at Acadia and was impressed. Great homes with all the latest amenities. They have actually reduced the prices on a few in the last couple of weeks.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:17 PM

282 posts, read 750,831 times
Wonderful pictures G-man. As always, you give a great insight into our area. I do need to correct you on one point that you made though. Acadia isn't considered being in the Powdersville area since it is located in Greenville County. The Saluda River is the dividing line. Caleb Freeman is the developer of Acadia and has traveled extensively before he planned this community. He is donating land to an elementary school when he finds the right fit for what he envisions. Please let me know if I can be of any more help!

Sheri Sanders

Old 03-24-2008, 10:32 PM

g-man430,
You mentioned when you cross over the 85 there is some shopping and food. (about 5 minutes away)
What type of shopping would this be. For example, which grocery store would one shop at if they lived in Acadia? Is it a big name store like Publix or a smaller grocer?

Old 03-25-2008, 06:04 AM

There is a Bi-Lo and an Ingles close to Acadia now. I have heard of other grocery stores coming, but none have been confirmed at this time.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:59 PM

Thanks for the info!
What town/city would these grocery stores be considered to be in?

Old 03-25-2008, 04:30 PM

Piedmont is the name of the town for the grocery stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area