Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 08:36 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Pamela Wrights Facebook page indicates to me she is still "working" for WYFF. She shared Cessarichs post from I think it was Wednesday. However, there are several comments indicating she has not been on the air b some of her followers, but that doesnt mean she had left, yet.

Doesnt bother me either way, I dont watch WYFF news any ways, and havent watched the mornig news in years, but good old Dale will be missed when he does finally retire.

On a side note, WSPA needs to drop this split screen 2 location broadcasts.
I don't like that split screen broadcast either. They could rotate and have the 5pm news from the main studio in Spartanburg and the 5:30 from downtown Greenville studio. But don't do the split screen. And that window overlooking the sidewalk is not the best backdrop either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 03:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
A split screen broadcast could be effective if a studio was in either Greenville or Spartanburg and the branch studio was in Asheville, North Carolina.

Old 05-29-2018, 06:52 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Does WSPA do enough Asheville area coverage to warrant an Asheville studio? WLOS pretty much has that wrapped up. I lived there and it seems like everyone gets the local news and weather from WLOS 13.

WSPA must have adopted that idea from their sister station in Florence-Myrtle Beach WBTW. They were doing that for some time before with an anchor in Florence and MB. I don't think it's going away.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:57 AM

WSPA's news covers Henderson, Polk, and Rutherford counties in North Carolina. Not having an Asheville studio limits the ability of covering local news effectively.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:08 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
WSPA's news covers Henderson, Polk, and Rutherford counties in North Carolina. Not having an Asheville studio limits the ability of covering local news effectively.
I don't think any of the SC news stations have an Asheville studio anymore, unless I am mistaken. I think possibly WYFF and WHNS may have had Asheville newsrooms in the past. And some of the Western NC counties such as Rutherford and McDowell are also covered by the Charlotte news stations such as WBTV, although those counties may be technically classified as Asheville-Greenville-Spartanburg market. But I think those counties still carry both Charlotte and GSP channels on cable.

Both the Charlotte and GSP stations have covered the floods in McDowell County with live reports.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:35 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
If having a local studio were a necessity, there would be on in every county WSPA serves.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:51 PM

WYFF-TV had Reporter Madaleine Hackett anchoring the Saturday evening newscasts. It remains to be seen if Hackett will be the interim anchor, or if anchor duties will rotate.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:43 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
WYFF-TV is seeking a Meteorologist for weekend weather anchoring and an Anchor.

The Meteorologist need could support speculation Pamela Wright has departed. I initially thought the schedule could be weekday morning if Dale Gilbert is retiring.
According to the news tonight, WYFF said they have a new meteorologist starting in the morning. This must be Pamela Wrights replacement. Sarah Fortner formerly of WCNC in Charlotte.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:42 AM

604 posts, read 583,310 times
Sarah Fortner is making her debut this AM. So far, so good.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:09 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushCreek View Post
Sarah Fortner is making her debut this AM. So far, so good.
I thought she was very good - still miss Pamela Wright and Myra Ruiz early AM weekends - I not sure as to why the shakeup but everything seems to be about $ these days - interestingly, both Pamela and Myra bios are still listed on the WYFF website
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area