Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2019, 06:48 PM

181 posts, read 133,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I remember something about Dillard's possibly anchoring a lifestyle center somewhere on Clemson Blvd but they ended up building at Anderson Mall. Not sure if it's this one.
This is the one.
Dillard's originall was supposed to anchor this but later on went to Anderson Mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 08:02 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,213,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
I used to like Krystal on Pleasantburg back in the day(40 years ago). You know, back in the party days, if you know what I mean. We used to live in that place after midnight, after leaving the old Amvets Club. Anyone remember the Amvets Club? The Warehouse? O'Sullivans? Tramps Disco? I was so excited when Krystal came back to Greenville a few years ago. I ate there the first week it opened. It was nasty. I guess I had to have a few in me to stomach those nasty little sandwiches. Was that real meat between those buns? Oh the memories!
Yes I remember Amvets.I remember something like them cutting the lights out at 2:00AM and telling everybody to "get the hell out" or something similar.I think Amvets was always a bunch of guys.The Warehouse is where we went as couples.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:21 AM

5,675 posts, read 5,887,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I can tell you it opened July 16, 1977.. And was at 504 N Main St.

White Horse opened May 28, 1977.

Check out the prices.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/29662755/

Anyway.. by 1987 that address was Century's Bargain Center. I presume this is the building?

The property was sold from Krystal to W.B. McDannald and Michael Long on July 8, 1986.. So.. Seems between 1979 and 1986 is the best answer I can give.

It is, and has been since 1995, owned by a William N Gressette, Jr

I also found some ads for Krystal Fried Chicken.. I'm not familiar with that one.
That sounds right. Enterprise is there now.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:37 AM

503 posts, read 693,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
The previously announced return of Checkers to the Upstate has indeed not yet transpired. Not sure what the holdup is, but this time they will face major competition from Cook-Out which was not here before. I was disappointed when Checkers closed down previously, but I do not recall if it was a franchise issue or a corporate decision. I hope they return sooner than later, and perhaps add indoor dining.

And Popeyes and Krystal have emerged first in Cherokee County indeed. But Popeyes has added Boiling Springs and will soon open locations in Greer and Powdersville. Hopefully Krystal will eventually return to Greenville or Anderson.

Best I remember the story going around was the owners of the checkers franchise in the upstate embezzled money and took off in the middle of the night leaving everyone high and dry and the workers came in the next morning to find everything shutdown and them out of a job...

but again thats just the story I heard.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:47 AM

103 posts, read 129,333 times
Noticed some activity at the old Ruby Tuesday in Taylors (Wade Hampton by Walmart). Parking lot was blocked off, there's a dumpster, workers on the roof, etc.

Anyone know if there is someone taking over this space?

Old 03-21-2019, 07:22 AM

181 posts, read 133,092 times
I though I heard a rumor about it being a new Cookout. I doubt that rumor is true however.

Also, there is a new Residence Inn by Marriott being built at 109 Interstate Blvd near Exit 19A/B in Anderson. It will have a similar modern look and size as the Residence Inn at Westgate in Spartanburg.
It is gonna be managed by Paragon Hotel Company, based in Anderson.

Link for billboard on new Residence Inn by Mariott hotel in Anderson: https://www.google.com/maps/@34.5770...7i16384!8i8192

Old 03-22-2019, 07:11 AM

453 posts, read 647,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
What's happening across from the Simpsonville Short Stop? technically, it's Mike and Jack's now, but.. Figure more people know the Short Stop name.
Is that where Sunny Days Entertainment's new HQ is going?

I saw a writeup about it in the Greenville News and remembered this post.

Quote:
Simpsonville-based toy company Sunny Days Entertainment LLC is moving its headquarters to a new office space under construction on Southeast Main Street, less than a mile south from the Clock Tower downtown.

The company currently has its headquarters on nearby Richardson Street and also has offices in Hong Kong and China, CEO Melvin Wells said.

The Southeast Main Street office will be used for customer service, product development, accounting and human resources. Wells said they plan to hire a few additional employees there.

“It’s easily accessible – it helps with the growth of the downtown Simpsonville corridor and the city has been very nice to work with in developing the project," Wells said of the new location.

There will also be additional Class A office space available for lease in the new building, Wells said.

The toy company makes electronic vehicles, collectible action figures and dolls, Wells said. The company sells to retailers, not directly to consumers.

The new building should be complete by June 1, Wells said.

“We’re a South Carolina-based company and we’re excited to call Simpsonville our home," he said.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:18 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Is that where Sunny Days Entertainment's new HQ is going?

I saw a writeup about it in the Greenville News and remembered this post.

Yep.

Though, the construction kinda looks modular. That's why I thought it would be doctors offices or something. But that's the one.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:01 AM

285 posts, read 457,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
One of them is going to be Burger King. No word on the other proposed retail/fast food space next door yet.
Hey G - Still a BK? Any word on the second site?

Old 04-09-2019, 05:07 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
Hey G - Still a BK? Any word on the second site?
Yes and no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area