Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 10:19 PM

503 posts, read 692,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWP69 View Post
I want Alamo but at this point, I'll take anything that isn't a Regal.

Id again love to see something different like this concept https://augustmoondrivein.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 11:54 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Id again love to see something different like this concept https://augustmoondrivein.com/
Wait...it's an indoor "drive-in" theater?

Old 05-04-2019, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Wait...it's an indoor "drive-in" theater?

Yeah its modeled after a drive-in but its not subject to the drive-in weather issues and it can always be night time so it can be used all day unlike a drive-in that can only be used at night for the most part.

Old 05-04-2019, 07:14 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
If Pigeon Forge is getting it then will probably not be long until Myrtle Beach in SC gets one. Is Dolly building it?

Wish Greenville had this vs. Greenwood. http://25drivein.com

Old 05-04-2019, 12:17 PM

5,485 posts, read 8,317,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
If Pigeon Forge is getting it then will probably not be long until Myrtle Beach in SC gets one. Is Dolly building it?

Wish Greenville had this vs. Greenwood. http://25drivein.com
Well. They did. They closed all of theirs. This driven is very old. I remember my Dad taking me there as a child.

Old 05-05-2019, 04:55 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Yeah its modeled after a drive-in but its not subject to the drive-in weather issues and it can always be night time so it can be used all day unlike a drive-in that can only be used at night for the most part.

That.. Sounds like the dumbest idea ever.

I just can't see the nostalgia bringing enough people in for this.

I hope the concept drawings aren't right.. Because it looks like there's no way out once you get in.. All the cars there are basically nose to tail.

Hopefully they have good ventilation.

I've been wrong before, maybe this will be the Next Big Thing..

Old 05-05-2019, 06:05 PM

12 posts, read 15,635 times
Does anybody know what’s going on behind McDonalds on Highway 9 in Boiling Springs? It’s behind the McDonalds right near 85

Old 05-05-2019, 06:24 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

I hope the concept drawings aren't right.. Because it looks like there's no way out once you get in.. All the cars there are basically nose to tail.

Look closer at the renderings, they're fake nostalgia cars, basically your "booth" will be one of those cars.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Yeah they are fake cars that are set up for you to eat in. I cant find the write up from the original concept art but it sounded pretty cool the way they are doing it. Depending on price and all I would be game for it.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:01 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Yeah they are fake cars that are set up for you to eat in. I cant find the write up from the original concept art but it sounded pretty cool the way they are doing it. Depending on price and all I would be game for it.

I guess it fooled me because the drawing shows such a high ceiling on the place.

I still don't know.. Is the nostalgia factor that much for a themed place like this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area