Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2020, 02:20 PM

285 posts, read 457,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
I hope they find a way to incorporate the signage from the old location. The sign at the highway is kind of an icon of Easley.
I was hoping that too but looks like they are going with new signage for the new location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 04:01 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Two parcels in front of Tractor Supply in Mauldin has been cleared. Have heard Panera and/or Popeyes as rumors on Nextdoor.

Cookout coming to the old Sonic in Mauldin. Verified through tax records!

Lord, I go away for a few days..

I go by there every morning, the (former) vacuum shop and old "Fine Foods" buildings are gone? Didn't even notice. I'll pay attention on my way home here in an hour. I'm gonna be real disappointed if I missed that entire buildings that I go by every day are gone and I didn't notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
HotDogs/ Hamburgers. Nothing like Ruby Tuesday. Are they putting in a drive thru? RT is an odd format for a Petes.
A little history on all the Petes.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...tes/542763002/

Isn't "Pete's" pretty generic and most all of them are different ownership? I mean, if you trace the ancestry, I think the same family owns all of them.. I mean, Como Pete's on Augusta and the Clock in Moonville are owned by cousins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Popeyes for S Main in Mauldin. Someone said the sign is up now. I found building permits online last night!

Again.. Will verify that part on my drive home here in an hour or so.

Quote:
Regarding Popeyes. Noticed recently the Greenwood location. Seems like the bloom is off the rose. The crowds/lines seem way down from what they used to be. I guess the excitement of newness always fades.

This is.. common. I mean, once the new wears off of anything the popularity goes down. The Chick-Fil-A in Laurens, as well as the Zaxby's had lines out into the road when they opened. a month later, pretty dead (Well, Zaxby's at least, CFA still does well)

Old 09-02-2020, 04:56 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Popeyes is indeed coming to Mauldin in front of TSC. Coming
soon sign for them is now up.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Popeyes is indeed coming to Mauldin in front of TSC. Coming
soon sign for them is now up.

Yep. Popeye's in lot 1 and 'Coming Soon' for Lot 3 is what I caught on the sign.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:16 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Yep. Popeye's in lot 1 and 'Coming Soon' for Lot 3 is what I caught on the sign.
That shopping center next door (TSC, Harrison's) in Mauldin looks like it dates back to the 60's or 70's. Does anyone know what was originally there? old Roses or Sky City discount store? old Bi-Lo or Winn Dixie?

Last edited by vistatiger; 09-03-2020 at 01:23 AM..

Old 09-03-2020, 11:04 AM

39 posts, read 73,066 times
What is going in the old bojangles next to Panera on Pelham Rd

Old 09-03-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
That shopping center next door (TSC, Harrison's) in Mauldin looks like it dates back to the 60's or 70's. Does anyone know what was originally there? old Roses or Sky City discount store? old Bi-Lo or Winn Dixie?

Around turn of the century, I think there was a Big Lots.

In 87, Bi-Lo was there. I would assume (I'm sure Carolina Knight can elaborate with store numbers and much more info) they moved from there to the location up the road on Butler sometime prior to '91. Because it always been there on Butler since I came back to the area then.

In '77 there was a Family Dollar there. Apparently opened in '77.

and.. Yes, Sky City was an original tenet, or owned the plaza. Which seems to have been constructed in 1970.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/58579640/

Old 09-03-2020, 12:32 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Around turn of the century, I think there was a Big Lots.

In 87, Bi-Lo was there. I would assume (I'm sure Carolina Knight can elaborate with store numbers and much more info) they moved from there to the location up the road on Butler sometime prior to '91. Because it always been there on Butler since I came back to the area then.

In '77 there was a Family Dollar there. Apparently opened in '77.

and.. Yes, Sky City was an original tenet, or owned the plaza. Which seems to have been constructed in 1970.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/58579640/
Thanks. I figured it was Sky City and Bi-Lo. Greenwood had same setup with Bi-Lo and Sky City in same plaza in 70's.

I do remember the Big Lots in the old Ingles next to the current Ingles before they moved it to Simpsonville. I think it is a thrift store now.

Old 09-03-2020, 02:16 PM

13 posts, read 19,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lswrld69 View Post
What is going in the old bojangles next to Panera on Pelham Rd
Chipotle is rumored to be taking that space.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I figured it was Sky City and Bi-Lo. Greenwood had same setup with Bi-Lo and Sky City in same plaza in 70's.

I do remember the Big Lots in the old Ingles next to the current Ingles before they moved it to Simpsonville. I think it is a thrift store now.

Sky City and Bi-Lo really went together back in the day. Abbeville had Sky City with Ingles.. But Bi-Lo had RDR (A name from the past that I had forgotten all about) with them.

But, i can imagine the Bi-Lo there in Mauldin being one of them with the cows on the roof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area