Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2023, 09:13 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Speaking of former Ruby Tuesday locations, does anyone know what is replacing the vacant one at Dorman Center in Spartanburg? The property has been fenced in for construction.
Just the old RTs or the whole lot? That lot is technically not part of Dorman Center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2023, 06:08 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Nope. Id bet we were there at the same time. Around 630?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Yep. .give or take a few minutes.
Y'all need to start wearing your username tags on your shirts!

Old 03-20-2023, 02:47 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

I wear mine on my hat. Figure i gotta be one of the few people around who still wears a Labonte #18 hat. Seeing as he hasn't driven that car in going on 20 years now.

I think UpstateJohn and I have been at the same place a number of times without realizing it.. We both seemed to wind up at the old Railhouse fairly often.

I still miss that place.

Old 03-21-2023, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I wear mine on my hat. Figure i gotta be one of the few people around who still wears a Labonte #18 hat. Seeing as he hasn't driven that car in going on 20 years now.

I think UpstateJohn and I have been at the same place a number of times without realizing it.. We both seemed to wind up at the old Railhouse fairly often.

I still miss that place.
Ayup!

Old 03-21-2023, 03:58 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Speaking of former Ruby Tuesday locations, does anyone know what is replacing the vacant one at Dorman Center in Spartanburg? The property has been fenced in for construction.
Sad. Just realized there are no more Ruby Tuesdays in Greenville or Spartanburg counties. Closest is now Clemson and Shelby, NC. They seem to be losing ground to Chili's, Applebee's and TGI Friday's. I remember their first location in Haywood Mall back when they had good food quality and an exceptional salad bar prepared fresh daily. Sorry to see the decline after previously being a division of Morrison.

Old 03-21-2023, 06:26 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Sad. Just realized there are no more Ruby Tuesdays in Greenville or Spartanburg counties. Closest is now Clemson and Shelby, NC. They seem to be losing ground to Chili's, Applebee's and TGI Friday's. I remember their first location in Haywood Mall back when they had good food quality and an exceptional salad bar prepared fresh daily. Sorry to see the decline after previously being a division of Morrison.
Yes. I remember that 80's original mall location at the back of the mall where F.Y.E is now in the food court entrance and how good it was. Then they moved to the front of the mall where Cheesecake Factory is now. I loved their pumpernickel croutons on the salad bar. I buy the Publix brand croutons now. The only store I have ever found to sell pumpernickel ones.

Old 03-22-2023, 07:32 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,841,818 times
It sounds like Greenville will get a second Whole Foods in the University Ridge redevelopment.

https://www.postandcourier.com/green...a1d32e23c.html

Old 03-22-2023, 09:27 PM

115 posts, read 103,944 times
Maybe this have already been mentioned before? However anyone knows what is going in the old Ruby Tuesday site in Simpsonville on Grandview/Fairview? Saw some work going on today. Last time anyone mention anything is a Outback steakhouse? Is this still going on? Hopefully not another bank.

Old 03-23-2023, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverML View Post
Maybe this have already been mentioned before? However anyone knows what is going in the old Ruby Tuesday site in Simpsonville on Grandview/Fairview? Saw some work going on today. Last time anyone mention anything is a Outback steakhouse? Is this still going on? Hopefully not another bank.
One or two pages back. Rumor is still Outback. I got to thinking when I rode by there the other night, I remember when Ruby Teusdays was there, when they first opened and how bad the traffic was getting in and out, especially Saturday night.

Old 03-26-2023, 09:28 PM

503 posts, read 692,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
One or two pages back. Rumor is still Outback. I got to thinking when I rode by there the other night, I remember when Ruby Teusdays was there, when they first opened and how bad the traffic was getting in and out, especially Saturday night.

I have been trying to get into the Simpsonville permit site to see what permits have been pulled but even though the site says you don't need an account to search it still keeps requiring one. From what I have seen on a few construction planning sites the outback is still coming.

Additionally I have heard rumors of a Whataburger for the old KFC on Woodruff Road and something is going on with the old KFC building in Mauldin. Its parking lot was packed yesterday afternoon and I saws some people walking around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area