Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2023, 04:30 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Yep, Dunkin is going in front of the post office from what I have heard. It would make sense for a QT there as there isn't one close by that area.
2 exits up.

There is also a 711 opening soon on the other side of the highway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2023, 08:31 AM

115 posts, read 104,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
they've had a sign up there for.. Quite some time. At least since the Starbucks opened.
I agree. The sign has been up for quite a while with no sign of development. I would assume they want to test some water with Starbucks just being next door. I read an article confirming that QT is indeed going into that spot across from the Exxon gas station. I feel bad for that Exxon gas station. I don't think it will be a able to survive. QT is going to take most of the business like it had with other smaller gas station around it. Even the great Spinx had to close down a few shops.

Old 04-07-2023, 09:59 AM

17,582 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverML View Post
I agree. The sign has been up for quite a while with no sign of development. I would assume they want to test some water with Starbucks just being next door. I read an article confirming that QT is indeed going into that spot across from the Exxon gas station. I feel bad for that Exxon gas station. I don't think it will be a able to survive. QT is going to take most of the business like it had with other smaller gas station around it. Even the great Spinx had to close down a few shops.

That Exxon and the one in Gray Court are owned by the same person/people/company.

But.. Yeah.. That Exxon is kinda old and dumpy. QT will likely make quick work of them.

Old 04-07-2023, 12:08 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverML View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That Exxon and the one in Gray Court are owned by the same person/people/company.

But.. Yeah.. That Exxon is kinda old and dumpy. QT will likely make quick work of them.
May work out well in the long run. The Exxon employees ge ta job at QT, and most likely make more money, and the owner sell the land and makes a killing, and we get another doctors office, or dentist office there.

Old 04-08-2023, 09:04 PM

503 posts, read 693,198 times
Not sure if anybody mentioned it or not but it looks like we are getting another Starbuck off I85 Exit 35 Hwy 86 next to the Burger King. It seems like an odd location for a Starbuck but then again they have picked some odd spots in recent years.

Old 04-15-2023, 03:56 AM

604 posts, read 584,300 times
Does anybody know what they're building next to the Ford dealership in Travelers Rest? Next to the bank. So far, they've dug a big hole in the ground.

Old 04-16-2023, 06:47 AM

27 posts, read 16,938 times
Does anyone know what is coming to the space where the old Bi-Lo used to be on Hwy 9 in Boiling Springs? I heard it was a Big Box store. It will be good if it was a Home Goods store!

Old 04-16-2023, 07:55 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,016,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGood45 View Post
Does anyone know what is coming to the space where the old Bi-Lo used to be on Hwy 9 in Boiling Springs? I heard it was a Big Box store. It will be good if it was a Home Goods store!
Spartanburg County does need a HomeGoods but it doesn't seem to be the TJX companies thing to go in vacant neighborhood shopping center anchored grocer spaces. They favor larger big box regional shopping centers like the Dorman Center or GreenRidge to put their stores (TJMaxx, Marshalls, Homegoods etc.)

Old 04-23-2023, 01:40 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,016,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Speaking of former Ruby Tuesday locations, does anyone know what is replacing the vacant one at Dorman Center in Spartanburg? The property has been fenced in for construction.
To answer my own question the sign went up on building and it's going to be a Banfield pet hospital.

Old 04-25-2023, 08:32 AM

208 posts, read 216,647 times
Do we know what the lot-clearing on Haywood Road from Spinx/Transit Drive to Halton Road is going to lead to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area