Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 10:38 AM

103 posts, read 130,839 times

Advertisements

I heard rumor of a QT being built at the intersection of Reid School Rd and Stallings Rd in Taylors. This was just a rumor and I can't find any property records or other evidence to back it up... but I'm just curious if anyone else has heard this?

This is going to a madly busy intersection with the ridiculous high density housing being built nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2024, 04:36 PM

21,035 posts, read 27,443,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
After almost 15 years of vacancy, looks like the former Bloom on Hwy 14 in Greer is finally getting a tenant. Anyone have any idea who it is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverML View Post
ALdi
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Good location for them. Aldi plans to open 800 new locations in the next 4 years. I sure hope they get better at distribution, because many of their stores are rarely fully stocked.
I have not heard of Aldi locating at South Highway 14. I wonder if Aldi has considered looking at Pelham Road.

It is common for Aldi's stores to not be fully stocked. They are limited on the items sold. Most items arrive off the trucks and are set to display on the sales floor. Ordering online at Aldi is rarely successful.

Old 03-28-2024, 04:41 PM

21,035 posts, read 27,443,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esd087 View Post
I heard rumor of a QT being built at the intersection of Reid School Rd and Stallings Rd in Taylors. This was just a rumor and I can't find any property records or other evidence to back it up... but I'm just curious if anyone else has heard this?

This is going to a madly busy intersection with the ridiculous high density housing being built nearby.
QuikTrip has opened stores at a major thoroughfare and an arterial road. Wade Hampton Boulevard and Reid School Road could be a suitable location based on that idea.

Old 03-29-2024, 06:00 AM

5,706 posts, read 5,973,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I have not heard of Aldi locating at South Highway 14. I wonder if Aldi has considered looking at Pelham Road.

It is common for Aldi's stores to not be fully stocked. They are limited on the items sold. Most items arrive off the trucks and are set to display on the sales floor. Ordering online at Aldi is rarely successful.
Really? I havent had any issues with either. We dont get that much from Aldis, but there hasnt ever been any issues getting what we want/need from there. We generally shop at either Simpsonville or Laurens stores, so maybe its other stores that have issues. Ive seen shelves with less at Food Lion, whic we rarely go to anymore.

Old 03-29-2024, 06:47 AM

9,673 posts, read 9,958,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Really? I havent had any issues with either. We dont get that much from Aldis, but there hasnt ever been any issues getting what we want/need from there. We generally shop at either Simpsonville or Laurens stores, so maybe its other stores that have issues. Ive seen shelves with less at Food Lion, whic we rarely go to anymore.
Must be the time or day I go, but the Simpsonville location, is often out of fresh veggies and fruits, chicken and some canned and dry goods when I go.

When that location opened, it was always stocked well. After COVID, it's gone downhill a bit. I shop at Lidl more now.

Old 03-29-2024, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Must be the time or day I go, but the Simpsonville location, is often out of fresh veggies and fruits, chicken and some canned and dry goods when I go.

When that location opened, it was always stocked well. After COVID, it's gone downhill a bit. I shop at Lidl more now.
Could be. We usually go Saturday mornings to Simpsonville, but Laurens could be any time. Never had any issues there at all. Now I will admit that sometimes they dont have things, but I blame that on the season. For example, we usually buy the boneless turkey breast for holidays, they dont have those in the middle of summer. Doesnt mean they arent out of stock, they jus tarent stocking them, or another thing I noticed a few weeks ago I sometimes get cold coffee there. They have the store brand, or Starbucks usually. If they are out, or dont have any, they take the price tag out, like its not even being sold. I think maybe once Simpsonville was actually out in the cooler, but I didnt ask. Like Ive said before, its what you buy too.

Old 04-01-2024, 06:34 AM

9,673 posts, read 9,958,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Could be. We usually go Saturday mornings to Simpsonville, but Laurens could be any time. Never had any issues there at all. Now I will admit that sometimes they dont have things, but I blame that on the season. For example, we usually buy the boneless turkey breast for holidays, they dont have those in the middle of summer. Doesnt mean they arent out of stock, they jus tarent stocking them, or another thing I noticed a few weeks ago I sometimes get cold coffee there. They have the store brand, or Starbucks usually. If they are out, or dont have any, they take the price tag out, like its not even being sold. I think maybe once Simpsonville was actually out in the cooler, but I didnt ask. Like Ive said before, its what you buy too.
I think the trick is to go the day after they restock. I believe it is twice a week, not sure what days. Will have to ask. I'll have to get my butt out of bed on Saturday and visit the Simpsonville location.

Old 04-01-2024, 06:52 AM

Quote:
I think the trick is to go the day after they restock. I believe it is twice a week, not sure what days. Will have to ask. I'll have to get my butt out of bed on Saturday and visit the Simpsonville location.
We went Saturday evening, and I didnt notice any empty spots on the shelves. I did notice that some thing were low, like the bagels I get there, and my wife commeneted on the cooler where the hams usually are being empty, but I assume Easter was the reason for that. I will note this, this store is going downhill. It was dirty. The floors needed mopped, eggs that were broken last week were still on the floor in the cooler, and the carts they move milk around with were just plain.....nasty. I did though, see a couple of workers pulling pallet jacks restocking stuff, but I didnt pay any attention to what it was.

Old 04-24-2024, 08:10 AM

133 posts, read 81,832 times
Anybody know what's going in the old Nick's Car Wash at Cherrydale? Looking at the Greenville County GIS Map, it looks like it was sold to St Capital Fund I LLC back in December.

Old 04-24-2024, 08:50 AM

4,634 posts, read 6,110,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromaluski View Post
Anybody know what's going in the old Nick's Car Wash at Cherrydale? Looking at the Greenville County GIS Map, it looks like it was sold to St Capital Fund I LLC back in December.
Someone posted in another thread Culver's was in the pipeline for the Cherrydale area. Maybe a possibility?

Popeye's and The Habit Burger Grill is under construction on the former Nick's site on Haywood Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area