Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 07:23 AM

90 posts, read 103,109 times

Advertisements

[quote=slong115;53662961]

"The one I have been having some problems with the last week or so is WYFF which pixelates a bit every couple of minutes. It is still watchable but it was one of my more solid stations until this started. "

WYFF is bricking or pixilating here also. This is a relatively new phenomenon . When it starts doing it, I can correct it temporarily by changing the channel up to 7.2 and then back down to 7.1. It will clear up for a few minutes, then start bricking again. So annoying.

WLOS is unavailable in this part of Taylors at the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 05:16 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,650,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Appreciate the reply.

Does that 44 channel content include all of Asheville?
Asheville's WLOS ABC station is by far the hardest one to receive for me. I had NBC, CBS, and Fox for several months maybe years with an indoor antenna. Never could get ABC, which stinks for me since they carry ESPN football games sometimes.

I upgraded to a clearstream 4V 4 dipole antenna ($149) and mounted it outside on an overhang above my back doors. It was just high enough to get ABC for one TV. When I tried to connect the whole house to this one antenna, the signal was too weak and I lost channels.

Later, I purchased and installed another ClearStream 4V in my attic. I have a two story house. Nearby two story houses affect my reception. I used a coax connector kit from Home Depot to cut into the existing coax line in the attic for my cable outlets. After that, any TV connected to my cable outlets gets all 44 or so channels, including the ABC ones from "Asheville". I don't think the antenna for Greenville is in Asheville but somewhere I little closer.

Hope that helps.

Old 11-23-2018, 09:57 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,502 posts, read 5,581,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgrfr View Post
WLOS is unavailable in this part of Taylors at the moment.
Thank you for writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo7396 View Post
Asheville's WLOS ABC station is by far the hardest one to receive for me. I had NBC, CBS, and Fox for several months maybe years with an indoor antenna. Never could get ABC, which stinks for me since they carry ESPN football games sometimes.

I upgraded to a clearstream 4V 4 dipole antenna ($149) and mounted it outside on an overhang above my back doors. It was just high enough to get ABC for one TV. When I tried to connect the whole house to this one antenna, the signal was too weak and I lost channels.

Later, I purchased and installed another ClearStream 4V in my attic. I have a two story house. Nearby two story houses affect my reception. I used a coax connector kit from Home Depot to cut into the existing coax line in the attic for my cable outlets. After that, any TV connected to my cable outlets gets all 44 or so channels, including the ABC ones from "Asheville". I don't think the antenna for Greenville is in Asheville but somewhere I little closer.

Hope that helps.
It certainly does; thanks for writing!

Old 11-27-2018, 07:09 AM

26 posts, read 31,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

After the first of the year I will be moving to a new home in southern Spartanburg County near Inman.
Hey Tyler,

Not being a smart aleck, but genuinely curious why you would consider Inman to be in southern Spartanburg County? I always thought anything "above" the city would be "North".

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-27-2018, 01:33 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,258,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshrop6004 View Post
Hey Tyler,

Not being a smart aleck, but genuinely curious why you would consider Inman to be in southern Spartanburg County? I always thought anything "above" the city would be "North".

[IMG][/IMG]
Technically it would be north or northwest. I was thinking in terms of I-85 traveling south through Spartanburg County rather than the actual location. So Inman would be considered east of Greenville in the northwestern portion of Spartanburg County, you are correct.

In terms of OTA TV reception, my preliminary tests pulled in Greenville-Spartanburg and Charlotte signals at the Inman location. With a bit more work I should also get 13 from Asheville or one of their translators.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:13 AM

26 posts, read 31,389 times
Fair enough. In Spartanburg county the even numbered I-26(even numbered interstates run east to west) runs a very obvious north to south route, while I-85 runs east to west. I guess they take the whole of the interstate route as to the direction.

As to the troublesome WLOS reception, I recently moved to Woodruff and am using an RCA ANT3038E mounted on my rear 2nd story gable. I am getting good signal on all the nets including WLOS without a booster.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:41 PM

348 posts, read 494,394 times
With all of the previous discussion about antennas and such. Does anyone have information for a person/company, to install Coax cable? Need some cable run from the first floor of our 2 story townhome, up to the second floor and in to the attic. Thanks.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:28 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,900,791 times
I moved my Mohu Airwave to a bedroom (first floor apartment), attached the flat antenna to the top of a wall facing east, and connected it to my wifi network. I'm now getting good reception on the following combination of OTA channels and free streaming channels (40 total) via my Apple TV. I'm getting good reception on WYFF by the way:

4.1 WYFF
4.2 MeTV
16.1 TBN
16.2 Old shows on TBN?
16.3 SBN
16.4 LIGHT
16.5 QVC
16.6 Quest
21.1 Fox
21.2 Cozi
21.3 Escape
21.4 Bounce
28.1 GBTV (Christian network)
28.2 LAFF
28.3 Grit
28.4 HSN
28.5 H&I
28.6 DECADES
28.7 Buzzr
28.8 GSN
28.9 Spanish
29.1 through 29.4 PBS
40.1 MeTV
40.2 COMET
40.3 TBD
40.4 CHARGE!
49.1 through 49.4 PBS
1000 CHEDDAR
1001 NEWSY
1002 NEWSMAX
1003 TWITTV
1005 RED BULL
1006 Bloomberg
1007 Country

Old 12-02-2018, 10:45 AM

205 posts, read 211,968 times
Going to jump in here and say that after years of using various HDHomerun devices with an antenna, with hopes of completely dropping Charter/Spectrum cable, I upgraded to the 4-tuner Connect and am getting rid of Spectrum TV. Signed up for the HDhomerun Premium service ($35/mo). So far, I really like it.

Unfortunately, WLOS has gone away for me, and found out last night during the Clemson game that WSPA glitches quite often. BTW, my antenna is a Winegard Metrostar MS-2002 Omnidirectional installed in my 2-story homes attic. I'm off of I85/Pelham, and am pretty sure the antenna has a clear path to Paris Mountain.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:52 AM

205 posts, read 211,968 times
[quote=ftgrfr;53704550]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slong115 View Post
WYFF is bricking or pixilating here also. This is a relatively new phenomenon . When it starts doing it, I can correct it temporarily by changing the channel up to 7.2 and then back down to 7.1. It will clear up for a few minutes, then start bricking again. So annoying.

Strange, but I am noticing strange flickering on WYFF, but only during commercials. Audio stays steady, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area