U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2019, 03:18 PM

298 posts, read 585,667 times

Advertisements

Not a fan of the explosive growth.

I understand the enthusiasm of the bigger is better crowd, but Greenville has lost it's charm for us. It is crowded like Mainstreet USA in Disney World.

Glad to see Greenville thriving, but not why we came here.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 03:45 PM

31,268 posts, read 28,993,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloslug View Post
Wut?
Did I stutter?

Old 01-07-2019, 05:23 PM

5,715 posts, read 5,831,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Greenville does have modern buildings. A building can be lowrise or midrise and still be modern...or do you think Greenville has been building nothing but a bunch of "old timey" buildings this entire time?
Why are you so afraid of a little height?

Old 01-07-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree930 View Post
Not a fan of the explosive growth.

I understand the enthusiasm of the bigger is better crowd, but Greenville has lost it's charm for us. It is crowded like Mainstreet USA in Disney World.

Glad to see Greenville thriving, but not why we came here.

But if everyone else came here for the same reasons that you did, what did you expect? Secrets don't remember secrets forever.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:47 AM

20,269 posts, read 20,018,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ForksSC View Post
Agreed - it’s happening. But this seems a bit of a stretch. Probably shouldn’t happen until infrastructure can be adequately planned implemented. That’s the downside to infill and vertical growth. It will definitely happen, but not soon. (this type project ).
Achieving vertical growth should not be a stretch. There have been opportunities to maximize developments with mid and high rises. There has been too much status quo with dull low rise developments.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:44 AM

5,148 posts, read 4,093,680 times
I just think it's ugly. They don't make skyscrapers like they used too. Everything has gone minimal and glassy because costs are so high now, or condo focused. If this building is going to potentially dominate the skyline, I'd like it to have some character.

The 505 in Nashville, literally everything going up in Austin, One City Center in Durham, Icon Midtown in Atlanta are examples of what I don't want to see. Greenville is also so boxy, like Los Angeles, I'd love to see something more pointed or sloped. The Legacy Union aka 620 South Tryon that's being built in Charlotte would be perfect for Greenville imo.

https://www.ncconstructionnews.com/w...9/4.jpeg-3.jpg

Old 01-08-2019, 08:51 PM

7 posts, read 7,832 times
That Legacy Union building is a nice looking building - at least from that picture!

Old 01-09-2019, 06:02 AM

1,288 posts, read 1,950,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
I just think it's ugly. They don't make skyscrapers like they used too. Everything has gone minimal and glassy because costs are so high now, or condo focused. If this building is going to potentially dominate the skyline, I'd like it to have some character.

The 505 in Nashville, literally everything going up in Austin, One City Center in Durham, Icon Midtown in Atlanta are examples of what I don't want to see. Greenville is also so boxy, like Los Angeles, I'd love to see something more pointed or sloped. The Legacy Union aka 620 South Tryon that's being built in Charlotte would be perfect for Greenville imo.

Looks like a pyramid on top of a boxy building.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:13 PM

5,148 posts, read 4,093,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Looks like a pyramid on top of a boxy building.
It's still better than the Landmark building, and whatever is on the first page.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post

Of course you like it, it's base is southern red brick, lol. Honestly, it's kinda ugly, but to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or