Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 09:23 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Both BI-LO #5092, Vaughn's at East North, 3715 East North Street, Greenville, South Carolina 29615-2302, and BI-LO #5195, North Hills, 2435 East North Street, Greenville, South Carolina 29615-1400, are not performing well and are in bad shape. Publix #874, Pelham Commons, 215 Pelham Road, Greenville, South Carolina 29615-2546, is a busy store.
Yes Bi-Lo changed the exterior color scheme and signage to the new Green/White further out at Brushy Creek recently but have done nothing to the Vaughns store when it looks so bad on the outside.

I have always liked the Pelham Commons Publix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 11:58 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Many BI-LO stores in Rock Hill and Charlotte have been converted to Publix and more poor performing locations have closed. I could see Publix and other competitors continue to acquire remaining BI-LO and Winn-Dixie stores.

The only reason I go in BI-LO is to purchase Chek Cola, a legacy Winn-Dixie brand. Although BI-LO is closer to my new residence, I will drive further to shop at Ingle's or Publix. And when I leave work in Greenville, I will often shop at the nice new Harris Teeter. Hopefully Harris Teeter will continue to expand in the Upstate.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:59 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
If Bi-Lo completely goes out of business, it will be difficult to fill all of its empty stores.

There are 3 in Simpsonville. A Harris Teeter might do well in Five Forks or the 14 & Main locations. I have no idea what would work best in the Fairview Rd location.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:23 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,394,978 times
Quote:
This is a partial list of 22 BI-LO, Harvey's Supermarket and Winn-Dixie stores that are recently announced to close:

BI-LO #5297, Collins Corner, 14154 East Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greer, South Carolina 29651-1554
I hate to see that one, though I can understand with it being pretty much directly across the street from Walmart. I like the little Italian restaurant (Vito's) in that plaza. With the empty Blockbuster and Radio Shack stores out front and now the anchor store shutting down that strip isn't doing well at all. Considering everything else on that stretch of road, I wouldn't be surprised if there's eventually a Carmax there.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:42 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
If Bi-Lo completely goes out of business, it will be difficult to fill all of its empty stores.

There are 3 in Simpsonville. A Harris Teeter might do well in Five Forks or the 14 & Main locations. I have no idea what would work best in the Fairview Rd location.
A quantity of store locations could be acquired by competitors who need additional stores. Other store locations would go dark and be used for non-grocery purposes.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:10 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
A quantity of store locations could be acquired by competitors who need additional stores. Other store locations would go dark and be used for non-grocery purposes.
CK - Do you know what their total store count is now (minus Winn Dixie)? I'm guessing It has to be half of what it was when Bi-Lo was over 200 stores. Most of the locations left are in SC now with around a dozen left each across the state line in NC and Ga.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:19 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

The one on 14 is still a nice store, so I think i may be one of the last ones to close in the area, if at all. The one on Fairview, I dont think anything else would do good there with Aldi and Publix nearby. In fact I cant stand to go into that BiLo any more, smell like dead fish all the time. The one in Fountain Inn has really gone down hill since apparently new manager took over. Something else could and would do well there. Ive always been a fan of BiLo, but we have all but stopped shopping there and are getting a majority of our groceries at either FoodLion or Ingles, as well as our monthly trip to Sams. Just cant bring myself to pay the prices at Publix. We experimented a couple of weekends ago and out bill was close to 50 bucks higher.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:11 PM

115 posts, read 103,944 times
Oh come on, BiLo isn't as bad as people make it to be. Most of the time, they are cheaper than Publix, Food Lions, Ingles, and yes Harris Teeter too.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:48 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverML View Post
Oh come on, BiLo isn't as bad as people make it to be. Most of the time, they are cheaper than Publix, Food Lions, Ingles, and yes Harris Teeter too.
And Walmart, Aldi, or Lidl?

Old 02-25-2019, 09:23 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,210,414 times
Out of curiosity today I went in the soon to close south Pleasantburg store.Wow what a worn out location.

There is not a chance that the new HT doomed this location.It an entirely different animal, the kinda place that's had to install electro magnetic wheel locks on shopping carts so they can't be stolen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area