U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 PM

642 posts, read 1,969,815 times

Advertisements

Ok I went out and took a quick video of Mauldin. So if you want to check it out just go here~~~> YouTube - christopherinsc1981's Channel

(And if yall are getting sick of my videos please let me know )
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 05:53 PM

354 posts, read 1,014,157 times
Gee, Christopher.......
You are saving me the price of a plane ticket!!
(no.....we are NOT getting sick of your videos. Every little bit of info is helpful! Thanks)

Old 04-10-2008, 06:20 PM

Lol thats nice of you to say but there is still no way you can get the true view unless you are here. So your out of luck your still going to have to go get that ticket lol

Old 04-11-2008, 02:16 PM

5,493 posts, read 14,427,268 times
I agree with chistopher26. You need to visit in person to have a real feel for the area. Greenville isn't all sprawl as it may seem in the videos. Of course those suburban towns (Mauldin and Simpsonville) are really growing and sprawl is quite evident there.

Two important things to remember about these videos: They are not at all a whole representation of the entire areas where they were shot. These are basically a quick drive-thru on one route and there are many other parts to be seen to understand how each place feels. I would love to see more time dedicated to the "true feel" of the area. The other thing to remember is that "Country music" is not the favorite of everyone here in Greenville. I personally have a hard time listening to it, although I can at least tolerate it a bit. There are many in the area who like it, but also many who don't.

Last edited by Skyliner; 04-11-2008 at 02:26 PM..

Old 04-11-2008, 02:45 PM

5,493 posts, read 14,427,268 times
I'll add that no, I am not sick of your videos at all. I would like to see more time taken to capture some important landmarks. For example, this video is supposed to be Mauldin, however I didn't see City Hall, the Mauldin Cultural Center, Mauldin High School, or the huge BI-LO headquarters (well that one isn't as necessary). There are many nice neighborhoods in Mauldin as well, but none were shown.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:38 PM

Yeah they are a lot of things that I do not get time to show in the video. I just do it to give someone a sneak peak of the area. As much as it would be nice to get in every little area that one might like to see. I do have time on my hands. But I for sure do not have that much time lol. As for the country music I may play it a lot, but I don't think my rap music that has a lot of cuss words in it would be that great in the back ground of my videos lol.. So in other words it is not really a promotionaly video for the area. People with more time and people who want to put more effort then I do in to it are more then welcome to do so. I just do it for fun.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:07 PM

354 posts, read 1,014,157 times
and the sneak peak is appreciated!!

Old 04-12-2008, 08:25 PM

6,569 posts, read 20,915,573 times
Great video but I do agree with Skyliner...the most important parts of Mauldin were missed. You start out on 417 coming from what is really Simpsonville up into Mauldin (didn't know about the new light) and up and over the bridge 417 merges into 276 and then you turn left at Butler Road. If you had turned right we would have seen in the first 2 blocks...City Hall, and The Cultural Center. Going another mile or so you would have gone past Mauldin High School.

What would you say if I said "that's my car! in your video"? I think it is but I'd have to see it closer to really know for sure.

As you can see rush-hour in Mauldin can be hectic but it is nothing like sitting in a traffic jam in Chicago. Traffic does move here much easier than in a big city but people complain all the time about being stuck in traffic.

For those that may have missed the comments as he came upon McDonald's; there was a shooting in the parking lot of that strip mall. It was said that school rivalry lead to the shooting after a game between Mauldin and Hillcrest HS's. I have never heard of a Mauldin student bringing a gun to a game but we hear it happens at Hillcrest too often.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:42 PM

Well since I do not have to work tomorrow and everyone seems to want to see more of Mauldin I will try to get back out there tomorrow and take more video. And could had been your car lol but there was many cars so don't worry don't think anyone will know it was you lol...

Old 04-12-2008, 09:55 PM

6,569 posts, read 20,915,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post
Well since I do not have to work tomorrow and everyone seems to want to see more of Mauldin I will try to get back out there tomorrow and take more video. And could had been your car lol but there was many cars so don't worry don't think anyone will know it was you lol...
Oh, I'm not worried, chris. Remember this is a small town but there are still lots of people I don't know. This is the type of place where you see pics of people you know in the daily paper or on the local news. That would never happen in Chicago.

I'd suggest that you start out by Mauldin High and turn right at 276 to show that part of the city.

And for those looking to move to Mauldin...Mauldin property has many zip codes. Most are Mauldin but you will see Greenville and Simpsonville as well when searching properties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area